Multirotor, multicopter and quadcopter discussion - The Drone thread

Soldato
I agree with above Lisapete. Not picking on you at all, but you've spent a fortune already (your money as you wish) - and it's not even up and running and already wanting to change it !! Sounds a mental way to spend money!

Enjoy whatever you do

Soldato
One of the rotors clicks and spins infrequently. When I pulled it out of the mini stream, it spun up but stuttered and now if can't generate enough lift. Oddly, someone on the forums had a similar issue and the ESC was replaced.

I might try a battery drain at idle tonight to see if I can clear the glitch. Prop is probably shafted too (no pun intended).

Yeh find the effected part and give it a swap, if it was a hard enough impact and spinning at stupid rates it could have done some not so nice damage.

Associate
You don't live in Trowbridge by any chance do you? I was out flying on Saturday morning and the field I was flying in backs onto houses. A couple of people mentioned to me that some hooligan had been out night flying recently and they wondered what it was :D

nah I'm from Stoke was tempted take it out for another flight tonight but still haven't got round to putting the other leds on yet

Soldato
New battery for my Q4 hasn't fixed it :( Asked red5 for a new charger now and there nice enough to send me one out.

If not i suppose ill buy an X4 or build something

Soldato
Dart 450 from HobbyKing

Features:
• Clean-and-dirty vibration isolation system
• Power distribution with built in power connector mount and LED spot lights
• Integrated low voltage alarm tied to the LED and buzzer
• 8~10 inch prop adaptable
• Wire routing channels for a clean install
• 5mm thick motor arms

Specs:
Wheelbase: 450mm