Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
What car air fresheners do people recommend?

Currently got a California scents lemon pot in (Really like the smell of lemon at the moment) and it's strong, just lasted less than a week.

Noticed autobrite do some sprays that are applied to the carpets,anyone tried these?

Cheers.

nam

nam

Soldato
It certianly is, I like the size it comes in as well. I have only used it the once on an old car and it was excellent.

This thread's made me guilty, not washed the car in two weeks.

Don't really like the car anymore so in the huff with it hahah.

California car Scents veri Berry , :)

Soldato
Gave my new DAS-21E and Meguiars microfibre pad a whirl today. Impressed with how quickly I was able to obtain results. Probably halved the time taken to do the car over my old rotary with Chemical Guy's pads!

KY610LL.jpg

FlcpZE4.jpg

p33Ajk9.jpg

Kind Regards

Alec

Soldato
I very nearly bought those wheel woolies the other day.

Then I was overcome with a wave of wtf? when I realised I was about to spend £35 for a bristle on a stick. Decided instead that I'd just buy another normal microfibre wash mitt, as all I really wanted was something like that to get my hands in the spokes with and give them a good wipe.

Popped into Halfords this morning and lo and behold I found this.
http://www.halfords.com/motoring/cl...brushes/halfords-microfibre-alloy-wheel-brush

Exactly the same as the microfibre wash mitt I use, just longer, thinner and wrapped around a padded stick. Six quid. Job done.

Soldato
How long have you had that, Alec? I shouldn't be surprised that you've got yet another new car I guess :D

Couple of months I think Howard. On a money saving thing at the moment so the Soarer had to go sadly!

How many stages was that Alec? Need to do my 5 series butneed something with decent cutting power as the paint is hard.

Hi mate,

Was 4 passes so the whole car took about 1 hour. Frankly the paint is soft as cheese!

*edit* Picture is of a good area, some deeper swirls still remain. It probably did 80% correction which is not bad considering how little time I gave it! *edit*

I used:

Menzerna FG400
DAS-21E
Meguiars Microfibre cutting pad

I am no expert but I cannot imagine it would take much more than twice the effort to do hard paint?

Kind Regards

Alec

Soldato
careful with the MF pads. especially if on older paint with unknown thickness . they work so well because they cut a hell of a lot !

still love them though

nam

nam

Soldato
that is the equivalent of the rupes 21" as i may get the smaller pro plus

Gave my new DAS-21E and Meguiars microfibre pad a whirl today. Impressed with how quickly I was able to obtain results. Probably halved the time taken to do the car over my old rotary with Chemical Guy's pads!

Kind Regards

Alec

Associate
careful with the MF pads. especially if on older paint with unknown thickness . they work so well because they cut a hell of a lot !

still love them though

This really. Original Jap paint is incredibly soft and thin. You can normally get decent results with a finishing pad and mild polish.

Your results do look great.

Soldato
Does anyone know of any resonably priced detailer in Hertfordshire? I've just got a new car and would like to take care of it! Or even any of you kind gentlemen?

Associate
I used some Sonax BSD on my car again the other day. Brilliant stuff. The rain has been entertaining :p

Am I imagining it, or did someone here post up a picture of a bottle they had recently bought that was clear, rather than silver coloured? I can't find the thread and it's driving me mad :p

Associate
Anyone know any Valeting companies around east Yorkshire where you to the car to them? My street is terrible for washing you car, really busy and narrow so you're constantly moving out of the way and work is pretty much the same..... we do have a car park but it's used for storage. Google just seems to be full of mobile valeting companies, I've found deeper detail who can go to a few garages around the area.

Anyone know any? Looking to get it valeted for selling and it hasn't been cleaned in the 4 months I've owned it.

Don
Gave my car a wash this morning for the first time since I've owned it (about 9 months) as I usually take it to the local poles. Man my paintwork is swirly! Anybody live nearby with a rotary? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom