C4 cactus

Soldato
Mine's 'Hello Yellow'. Vivid!

B-R1plNIgAEa3Ac.jpg

Soldato
The thing is, there are 2 types of "different". There's the " my god, its amazing, why has no one done this before!?" Different, and there's the "well I can see why no one's done that before!" Different. This falls firmly into the latter :p

Soldato
I do like it in a strange way. What's more amazing is that it's a crossover which is actually lightweight - everyone's crying out for lightweight cars again, and that there weighs a mere 1020kg. Every road test is incredibly positive about it, especially in terms of dynamics.

Soldato
I like it for being different and trying some new design details. I like the Nissan juke for similar reasons. In a market where your average car is beyond dull styling wise, something bold that makes a statement is worthy for that alone, without cars like these the roads would be even more dull - anything that tries to move the design language for a family car on a bit is to be applauded, wish we could move away from the shapeless form of things like the 308, current megane or Astra which are just bland beyond words.

Associate
It's ****ing rank. Obviously.

However; my mate builds BMW drift cars and sells them to muppets on eBay and Driftworks. He's the most miserable ******* you could ever hope to meet. His wife has one of these as a company car, crap door panels an' all. He loves it. I can think of no better endorsement than this.

Associate
I like it for being different and trying some new design details. I like the Nissan juke for similar reasons. In a market where your average car is beyond dull styling wise, something bold that makes a statement is worthy for that alone, without cars like these the roads would be even more dull - anything that tries to move the design language for a family car on a bit is to be applauded, wish we could move away from the shapeless form of things like the 308, current megane or Astra which are just bland beyond words.

I totally agree, I don't totally love the styling of it, especially the interior but I love the fact they are trying something new. I assume the plastic side panelling is to stop door dings in car parks, which is innovative rather than just following the crowd.

I think that someone has to be a little out there so then others can refine and 'get it right'. Apple didn't invent the touch screen phone - but they refined it and made it work. Tesla didn't invent the electric car - but they have had the best go at it so far!

Associate
Clearly it's a design that is always going to divide opinion. In a time where mainstream cars are looking more and more alike, I think Citroen should be congratulated for still having the ability to get stuff like this past the number crunchers with their spreadsheets.

Caporegime
Clearly it's a design that is always going to divide opinion. In a time where mainstream cars are looking more and more alike, I think Citroen should be congratulated for still having the ability to get stuff like this past the number crunchers with their spreadsheets.

Why!?

This annoys me so much. Different does not equal good or better!

If it was different and actually good then they should be applauded.

What they have done is designed a car no one had dreamed of designing before...because it is rubbish.

It is like a lot of modern art. Just because it is different, it doesn't make it good. In fact it's incredibly big headed to just assume you came up with something rubbish first and be hailed as an innovator. Everyone else probably already thought of it ages ago, but recognised it was rubbish and didn't go through with it because they are not a pretentious ****.

Last edited:
Associate
Why!?

This annoys me so much. Different does not equal good or better!

If it was different and actually good then they should be applauded.

What they have done is designed a car no one had dreamed of designing before...because it is rubbish.

It is like a lot of modern art. Just because it is different, it doesn't make it good. In fact it's incredibly big headed to just assume you came up with something rubbish first and be hailed as an innovator. Everyone else probably already thought of it ages ago, but recognised it was rubbish and didn't go through with it because they are not a pretentious ****.

I think 355F1512TR has already answered 'Why!?' ... it is an opinion. The fact it is getting a split of opinion even in this thread (let alone the rest of the motoring world) means someone obviously likes it, are buying it and therefor can't be whole-heartedly written off! I agree its a split of opinion - but its exactly that, an opinion.

Back
Top Bottom