BMW and M Power Owners

Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
That mishap price total is remarkably cheaper than I expected it would be! Bet you're glad about that and have learnt a valuable lesson Vox :p

Yes, was expecting another few £k for buggered suspension/steering gubbins so overall I'm very relieved! Lesson definitely learnt :p

@ Voxination: Have to keep an eye out for your M3 at BW, looks lovely.

So first week with the Z4M and I am still loving it, noise is such an improvement over my old 3.0i one. Have not had much chance to take it out other then driving to work, and apart from two sunny mornings the weathers been terrible all week as well :(

I'll try and get some images up this weekend if we have any good weather, and I get a chance to clean it. Filthy already :(

Glad to hear you're enjoying the Z4M! Where abouts in Kent are you located?

Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
Quite close then. I'm halfway between Sidcup and Bexley, will keep an eye out and give you a wave if I see you :) Saying that, have you put any pictures up yet? Not sure exactly what I'm looking for :p

Associate
Well here are the only 3 images I have of it at the moment. Took them when I put the deposit down, so its before they had a chance to clean and prep it.

Img1_zpsn2gsmrhc.jpg

Img2_zpscq4w3xnx.jpg

Img3_zps8tw7lfyd.jpg

So guess those answer whether is a roaster or coupe :p And chances are if you see a dark red ( phone does a good job of messing the colour up ) Z4m around Kent its mine, cant see there being many if any down here in that colour.

Last edited:
Soldato
[TW]Fox;27659770 said:
However we did take a few trips up some minor roads where invariably carpark access roads etc were covered in snow. Genuinely impressive - you could simply drive around up hills etc etc as if there wasn't any snow there. No traction issues at all.

So, very very useful when snow is on the ground. A nuisance when there isn't any. No wonder they don't catch on here, though I can't say the Goodyear Ultragrip 8's we have on the Mini are anything like as irritatingly noisy as the Bridgestone Blizzaks on this car.

I'd love to do a trip like that and properly explore the northern parts of the Alps in really snowy conditions, but sadly the only car any company will let me hire would be in the C1 / Aygo class + £lol young driver surcharge so it's not really viable for me.

When I was in the southern Alps a few weeks back it was just amazing to see the grip that cars with winter tyres had, to the extent that they almost seem to defy physics. Obviously, I'd expect a car with winter tyres to have no difficulty going up a snowy hill for example, but I had people in Clios overtaking me at 50/60MPH and flying round corners covered in snow and ice with no obvious loss in traction at all - I'd never expected them to be that effective.

Soldato
Right then ocuk'ers - I need your help :)

The passenger seat in the z4 (2006 si) has a problem... it won't recline anymore.

My mechanic has taken the seat out and stripped it down - taken the motor apart, and it's the plastic gear's teeth that have worn away.... BMW don't sell the gears individually, only the entire part ( 52107111877 ) at £240.

Any ideas? Or anywhere I can get that part number cheaper? Seems a lot considering I just need two plastic gears out of it... (pic below)

Soldato
Shaank did you get to order that? Appears like it has been bought now!

Yo!

Yeah I did, cheers for the find dude!

However although it's the right part number, it's the wrong part circled in the picture, (worth the 15 quid punt of course)

Part i'm after is 52107111877 as per the description, however the picture has part 52107112678 circled lol... I've pinged them a message though :)

Soldato
S50 with 105k on the clock. Low mileage S50 are going for silly money too, 35k for one with 25k on the clock. They have gained value in the last 12 or so months, and will continue to do so.

I prefer the way the S50 drives, although the S54 is easier to drive faster.

Back
Top Bottom