Aqua Computer Aquaero Owners thread

Soldato
Installed an aquaero 5 LT yesterday, i'm only running an H100i and case fans so i've used it via AIDA64.

One thing that's puzzling me is the front fans. I've got are Noiseblocker pwm ones which run from 500-2000rpm. I've set up a curve but when I set them to pwm in aqua suite they just turn up full power? If I set the power range between 5 and 12v the fans make a wierd squealing noise.

Soldato
I've not got any PWM fans to play with (don't like the idea they might click when running slower) but there are a few things worth checking:

* try them on a M/B header to make sure that it isn't just the fan being faulty.
* Try them on a fixed point controller on the Aquaero so that you can manually turn them up and down by moving the slider under Controllers.
* Make sure that you're not running too many fans off one channel - try it with one if necessary. There are reports of PWM being implemented in different ways that means when you add more of them, they just run at full speed. It's covered in Page 4 of vsg28's TX10-D build log.

Hope that helps.

Soldato
Well, after a really frustrating afternoon I've come to the conclusion that the noiseblockers aren't going to work with the LT. They work fine off the motherboard, will run at full speed off the pwm and not at all through the 3 pins. Annoying really as they weren't cheap. I've stuck some 3 pin ones I had lying around on for now. Not sure what to get for it? Could go 3x120 or 2x140.

Soldato
So I ended up swapping out the Noiseblockers for some GT AP15s I had lying around. It's all working now, 3 intakes (GT15s), side fan (200mm Megaflow) and exhaust (GT14) linked to the GPUs temp and two GTs attached to the H100i for the CPU.

Still annoyed that i've got £60 worth of fans that don't work with it though. :(

Soldato
Lordfletch: sorry, I run everything as a set point. Partly because I've been too lazy to set up curves but also because even at 8V for fans and pump the temps are fine when gaming. Coolant only hits about 30. Largely you've got to decide what noise level you're happy with for idle desktop use and pitch the speed of fans and pump to below that but keeping an eye on temps. Then push it hard and see how fast you need to run everything to keep temps reasonable. Once you've got those two reference points the sort of best and worst case, you can set a curve or straight line between them. It's normally recommended to set steps so that it mainly runs at one speed or another because if it's constantly changing pitch, it quite difficult to tune out the noise but a constant drone fades into the background after a while.

Arcane: yes that sucks. It could be worth posting on forum.aquacomputer.de or even posting a support request with Aquacomputer - they were quite helpful to me recently and I've currently got replacement parts in the post.

Soldato
Thanks, I did stick a post up on their English forum but it got about 80 views and no replies unfortunately. Now it's all running I'm tempted to leave it be for now and try and sell the fans on, I might send them the a support request just to see if there's anything I could do, be interesting to at least find out.

Associate
My curve is based on water temperature and is set between 21c and 25c. Hit's about 22.7 before I can hear the fans which spin at about 900 RPM so is still pretty quiet.
Most people use water temperature as their measure as it's a lot more static than CPU temps or utilisation. Radiator temps are set as 21c is 20% and 25c is 100%. Minimum at start up is set to 10%.
Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think I want to get the Aquaero 5 LT and was wondering if anyone can confirm a point I'm not 100% sure on..

Basically does the unit actually store the configuration? Ie the software can just be used to configure it?

The watercooled machine it will be running on will be a linux workstation and the Aquaero linux support looks pretty much non-existent, so if I can configure via a windows laptop and leave that would be great.

Also if that is possible is there anyway to get it to auto shutdown in case of emergency, pump issues etc? Maybe via relay or something?

Soldato
Basically does the unit actually store the configuration?

Yes.

Unsure if the unit can shut-down a linux machine without a software based interface. Going to air on the side of caution and say no. Would configure a BIOS sensor shut-off for that, perhaps temp based or tacho based from the pump speed.

Soldato
It does store the configuration so that it can run completely autonomously. You can configure them without the software if you have the version with a screen but it's a bit more fiddly.

The can do an emergency shut down in a couple of ways:
It can present a zero rpm signal to a motherboard fan header so that the motherboard's bios shuts down the PC (when configure to do so).
It has a couple of relay outputs and I believe there is a separately available cable that plugs into the ATX cable so that the Aquaero can basically hold down the power button until the PSU turns off.

Edit: Apparently you need "Plug for relay connector, 3 contacts (for aquaero 5 and 6)" and "aquaero power connect - 24 pin ATX standby power / ATX break"

Last edited:
Soldato
Only the high flow USB flow meter. That'll work in other orientations but is supposed to be noisier (clicks slightly as it spins).
With the MPS flow meters I think the most important thing is to have straight fittings in and out as angles affect the reading. I think I've seen them just hung from a tubing run in some of the watercooling case pics but couldn't tell you which ones.

Soldato
thanks for the reply bud.

Yeah I'm planning on sticking it exactly where my koolance flowmeter currently is (think its knackered as its not reporting anything back to the AE5 - its the silver thingie on the right hand side tubing from the rad to the pump)

I'm hoping the 400 MPS is enough to handle the flow from my DDC, think it was hitting about 160lph showing through the koolance......

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom