• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMDMatt I need your knowledge

Soldato
I used to have this card.

only one DVI is DL the second is single link.

You need to use One DVI and 2 Display ports for eyefinity.

You need to switch the switch to enable this.

You will need Two DP to DVI active adapters which are powered by USB.

Apple sell the best ones, but they are expensive.
Bizlink also sell a version which I used but they all seemed to die within a few months.

when I had them a non powered active cable was being sold but in fact it was a load of tosh and didn't work, no idea if this has changed as I bought a 7990 as I got fed up of the 7970.

oh and not to mention that 3 of the DCII cards I had showed green artifacts on the second display port.

They are just terrible cards, sell up and get a 290 mate

Good information, but I think a case of crossed wires a little. The OP isn't trying to run 3 screens, only two high resolution ones (beyond the limit of a single link DVI). This means he should be fine with one dual-link DVI cable, and one Active DP-dual-link DVI adapter. Also, as mentioned earlier, the case of USB-powered-adapter = Active was only valid when they first appeared (2009?) and these days a lot of Active adapters don't need separate power. I've used a variety of StarTech adapters over the years (all single link as my screens are only 1080p) and each has worked perfectly.

See this is why i'm conffused because the are both the same it seems.

Image of the ports look the same :|
4T94Grd.png

Also how come i'll need two DP to DVI? Are you saying I can't go 1 Dual link DVI and the second over DP?

You'll be fine with a dual-link DVI and one Active DP-Dual-link DVI adapter. From the link

I've been looking into this and thinking about giving it a go. But if it is down to the GPU being ****** I'll RMA and get ocuk credit and go with a 290 that has true dual link DVI outputs.

From the link pgi947 posted and your picture, it looks like you'll need to attach the DVI cable to the left DVI-I connector in your pic, and the DP-DVI adapter in any DP port other than the far left one in your pic. Should work perfectly, from the information people have provided in this thread. :)

I would say just wait for the adapter you ordered to arrive first and see if that works.

Best advice, I would have said. Once you've got the appropriate adapter you should be up and running in no time.

Associate
OP
Honestly I feel it's more of Asus at fault than AMD, the way they wired all the display ports and then a switch to enable/disable some seems a bit strange.

Indeed it's odd at first I thought it was a BIOS switch for overclocking seeing as they have given customers the ability to hardwire the GPU to selected mobo's for maximum overclocking.

Associate
OP
Thanks for your help everyone, I picked up the cable from the post office today because I missed the postman the other day. Everything seems to be working as intended it seems.

Image:
TaPHu6w.png

Associate
OP
Glad to hear it's all worked, and thanks for posting the outcome (a lot of people forget to). That desk setup looks awesome! :)

Thanks dude, I'm thinking about maybe getting a 3rd for LULz because that Acer in the middle is just so bad. Reds are pinks with that Acer :p

Associate
The poor guy is sick with flu :(

I've emailed this thread to him to take a look when he's recovered and also to our support team, in case I'm able to respond with their feedback! :)

Caporegime
Thanks -VK-. :)

Somehow i seem to have missed this thread completely, so sorry about that jaycob.

Just now catching up and reading through and it seems the usual wonderful folks here at OcuK have solved the problem.

This is something I'm going to raise with our support team and get back to you with an update as soon as possible, but I'm glad you appear to have find a solution in the meantime.

Caporegime
Hi I made a post Here and was told to ask for your knowledge on this one.

I'm having some issues powering two 2560 X 1080 monitors with a single 7970 DCUii even though the GPU has two Dual Link DVI outputs it'll only power one of them, They are both going directly over DVI outputs with no adapters.

Do you have any ideas to bring to the table and help a brother out would be much appreciated?

Many thanks,
Jay

Thanks -VK-. :)

Somehow i seem to have missed this thread completely, so sorry about that jaycob.

Just now catching up and reading through and it seems the usual wonderful folks here at OcuK have solved the problem.

This is something I'm going to raise with our support team and get back to you with an update as soon as possible, but I'm glad you appear to have find a solution in the meantime.

As the gpu only has one Dual-Link DVI and one Single-Link DVI, the Single Link DVI may not be able to run at 2560x1080. If they are both Dual-Link they should work however.

Back
Top Bottom