*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Associate
Finally reached level 20 after 18 odd hours or so. I tried to follow the "level 20 in 8 hours" guides but don't know how I could have done it that quickly. Currently sitting at level 23, what's the best way moving forward, grinding marks?

Soldato
Finally reached level 20 after 18 odd hours or so. I tried to follow the "level 20 in 8 hours" guides but don't know how I could have done it that quickly. Currently sitting at level 23, what's the best way moving forward, grinding marks?

Pretty much. I recommend doing Vanguard Tiger strikes. It gives you blue armour, which can boost your light level a bit higher. And it gives you vanguard marks that you can spend on legendary armour. If you're new to the game, be aware that there's a weekly cap on the amount of marks you can earn. Once you reach 100, you won't be able to earn any more until after the reset on Tuesday.

Also, if you have enough strange coins, you can spend them on a piece of exotic armour. But be quick about it, the vendor who sells it only appears once a week, and he disappears at 9AM tomorrow.

Associate
Have to say, shotguns are awesome now! It's been great fun running around today with Universal Remote and Swordbreaker and just one-shotting everything. I've doubled the number of shotgun kills I had in one day.

Soldato
Humm, have Voidfang Vestments, Heart Of The Praxic Fire, and Starfire Protocol to level up now....think it'll have to be HotPF as Obsidian Mind trumps voidfang and Starfire protocol looks awful.

Very helpful being able to matchmake for weeklies now, might actually do them every week now!

Associate
Pretty much. I recommend doing Vanguard Tiger strikes. It gives you blue armour, which can boost your light level a bit higher. And it gives you vanguard marks that you can spend on legendary armour. If you're new to the game, be aware that there's a weekly cap on the amount of marks you can earn. Once you reach 100, you won't be able to earn any more until after the reset on Tuesday.

Also, if you have enough strange coins, you can spend them on a piece of exotic armour. But be quick about it, the vendor who sells it only appears once a week, and he disappears at 9AM tomorrow.

Thanks, I had a decent run with public events for an hour or so last night. I'll add strikes to the mix.

Soldato
Thanks, I had a decent run with public events for an hour or so last night. I'll add strikes to the mix.

Public events are the fastest way to get marks, make sure you use destiny public events.com timer on the cosmodrome for best results as it has the most events easy to get between fast :) Advantage being you can also do most Eris Morn bounties there.

Soldato
Also, completing your first public event of the day (after daily, 9am reset) will gift you a package to the Post Master in the tower; accepting it gives a 5k xp boost too (so make sure you have the armour/weapons you're levelling up equipped!)

Caporegime
Was tempted but it's only all int piece I have. Think I'll just hang on to it for completeness.

Gutted when I deleted my other warlock I forgot to remove his gear, lost my maxed sunbreakers!

I don't really care about rolls in terms of int, discipline and strength, etc tbh. I doubt they make much difference at all in terms of how you play apart from when your raiding and waiting for a super to charge for orbs to regen health.

Caporegime
Bit annoyed I sharded my Swordbreaker now.....hopefully I can pick up another one though

Rule #1 of destiny.

never shard a crap gun. Stick it in the vault as someday they might be useful.

Look at the transformation in Bad JuJu as a case in point.

It was the laughing stock, now its one of the best guns in the game.

Soldato
I don't really care about rolls in terms of int, discipline and strength, etc tbh. I doubt they make much difference at all in terms of how you play apart from when your raiding and waiting for a super to charge for orbs to regen health.

It's noticeable when you have 0 int as I had on my first set of raid gear! Took forever to charge super. Have replaced a couple of pieces now so it's fairly balanced. Better perks too (orb generated on precision instead of grenade/melee etc).

Caporegime
Rule #1 of destiny.

never shard a crap gun. Stick it in the vault as someday they might be useful.

Look at the transformation in Bad JuJu as a case in point.

It was the laughing stock, now its one of the best guns in the game.

nah the number one rule is never shard an exotic you don't already have or a raid gun, same goes for any other specially acquired weapon (murmur, iron banner, queens wrath, etc)

all raid guns are usually one of the best in the game in fact hezen vengeance is better than truth for example.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...allarhorn_vs_truth_vs_hezen_vengeance_damage/

MAX DMG

Gjallahorn 8183
Truth 3196
Hezen Vengeance 7396

As you can see Hezen wipes the floor with the truth, but truth has the best tracking in the game.

I have sharded many normal legendaries but I have learnt not to shard a raid, exotic or specially acquired weapon (murmur and iron banner).

anything else though that is legendary can be sharded because raid/special versions will be superior.

e.g. hand cannons to have are fatebringer, word of crota and timurs lash and all the exotic ones. you can shard any others if you have them.

Last edited:
Caporegime
It's noticeable when you have 0 int as I had on my first set of raid gear! Took forever to charge super. Have replaced a couple of pieces now so it's fairly balanced. Better perks too (orb generated on precision instead of grenade/melee etc).

on one char I have maxxed int and on the other it's about 50%, I don't notice any difference in how fast the supers charge between them.

killing enemies with precision damage charges them much faster than standing there waiting for your intellect to do it will ever do.

the only time i'm waiting for it to charge seems to be in raids. in any other situation it charges more than quickly enough from kills/orbs.

i was in a position where i can get to 32 or stay 31 waiting for the perfect drops. i thought what will benefit more a slightly faster super or 33% extra or whatever it is damage in the raid. I went for the damage option. If you can get a good roll then that is great but mine weren't exactly the worst and I thought hitting 32 would give me a bigger boost than some more intellect.

on one char i have too much intellect anyway, i wish some of the gear had lower intellect tbh as grenades and melees are becoming more useful now too (blink strike making you invisible and the warlock one giving you a shield).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom