OnePlus One.

Associate
Just opened a ticket to return mine within the 14 days no questions asked thing they do. Very disappointed I ordered one for my birthday when they started the Tuesday no invite deal. I only used it for a day but had the following problems;

3 in touch app wouldn't work as it said the phone was rooted even though it wasn't the workarounds I used on my rooted S3 didn't work and I really need that app as there is no signal where I work..

Just an FYi, according to the play store the latest version of this app now works on rooted devices :)

Sorry to hear you had a poor experience, hope you get your refund sorted smoothly.

Associate
Just an FYi, according to the play store the latest version of this app now works on rooted devices :)

Sorry to hear you had a poor experience, hope you get your refund sorted smoothly.

Well it was this saturday that I tried and it still came up saying that the device was rooted. Weirdly though I did manage to use rootcloak to trick it into thinking the phone wasn't rooted as I had done with my rooted s3 and the app opened and didn't give the message saying it was rooted so I thought it had worked. I then found that the app would only send messages when I had phone signal it wouldn't send over wifi which is the whole point of the app!

alx

alx

Soldato
I should probably just wait until Tuesday, but does anyone have any invites?

Looks like the perfect phone replacement for me seeing as a I was considering a Nexus 5.

Associate
Just opened a ticket to return mine within the 14 days no questions asked thing they do. Very disappointed I ordered one for my birthday when they started the Tuesday no invite deal. I only used it for a day but had the following problems;

3 in touch app wouldn't work as it said the phone was rooted even though it wasn't the workarounds I used on my rooted S3 didn't work and I really need that app as there is no signal where I work.

Phone signal in normal signal areas was terrible it constantly cycled from full to none to a few bars of signal even if you sat it on a table and didn't move it.

It died yesterday black screen wouldn't respond to anything didn't come back for about 5 mins.

Numerous times the pinch to zoom went crazy and the thing you were trying to zoom on would go crazy and flicker and on pictures in would flick to other pictures instead of zooming.

I really hope that the return process is smooth as I've read that the customer support is pretty terrible luckily I used paypal so I might have some cover there. It seems that there is a reason this phone is cheaper than the other top of the range smartphones I just want a phone that works and this one just stressed me out.
sorry to be the bearer of bad news ... but the 14 day no questions asked return...is a straight lie. in my experience.

pp dispute is generally the only way to get a refund

good luck. one plus cs is not good.... at all

Associate
If anyone has a spare invite I would greatly appreciate it as I am wanting to get one of this and pass on my HTC One, I will in return pass on my invite here once I've purchased the phone, got to spread the love right!

Soldato
Ok so I'm a bit disappointed by the HTC M9, so looking at the OnePlus One (mainly due to it being half the price as well), although I'd like to know what issues currently exist with the device? Why shouldn't I buy this phone?

Soldato
Ok so I'm a bit disappointed by the HTC M9, so looking at the OnePlus One (mainly due to it being half the price as well), although I'd like to know what issues currently exist with the device? Why shouldn't I buy this phone?
I had the phone sometime last year, I had problems with the touchscreen and its sensitivity and random touches when typing etc... the phone managed to reset in my pocket as it turned on and typed in the pin incorrectly dozens of times. At this point I returned it for a refund. Bought a Note 3 - unfortunately it broke so I decided once again to try a OPO.

I bought it in December and I've had no problems with it. It really is a great phone in my opinion and I can't see see I would want to purchase a different phone for double the price. It feels nice, its fast, screen is nice, size is nice, camera is good (better than the Note 3 in my opinion), battery is good - I can easily go a day - I managed to push 2 full days once..

I can't fault it.

I speak for myself, not sure if there are any wide known problems still going on.

Associate
sorry to be the bearer of bad news ... but the 14 day no questions asked return...is a straight lie. in my experience.

pp dispute is generally the only way to get a refund

good luck. one plus cs is not good.... at all

I shared your doubt but it does seem they have improved there customer service, opened a ticket a week ago today and I got my full refund today, I had to pay postage to send the phone to them but I can live with that.

Soldato
I'm slowly giving up on my Nexus 4 which I've had for 2 years now. Just trying to consider similar sized phones that are reasonably new before jumping in on this. Wahwahwah.

Back
Top Bottom