Your current Fish tank Setups!

Soldato
I've found some starters in the office and I'm wondering if they will work in the Roma 200 hood.

They are Philips S2 Eco Click Starters.

It says 220/240V~4022W Series so I'm not sure.

/edit never mind, turns out if has a two year warranty and this is covered so happy days :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I've found some starters in the office and I'm wondering if they will work in the Roma 200 hood.

They are Philips S2 Eco Click Starters.

It says 220/240V~4022W Series so I'm not sure.

/edit never mind, turns out if has a two year warranty and this is covered so happy days :)

Warranty, they will send you a new hood from what i know as the lighting unit is sealed.

Also isn't too hard of a job to change it to LED. LED T8's do exist :)

Soldato
Ah cool :)

Would they be far superior for plants?

No, plants don't really mind and will adapt to what's available, the strength of the light and how long its on is what matters to get the balance between growth and algae control.

LED's advantages are only really looks, compactness, power usage. The down side is for medium+ sized tanks they are more expensive, if LED's start to die, you have to replace the whole unit (normally).

Soldato
Evening viewing with just the spotlights on -

euRbzB.jpg

Also recently added some 'giant' hairgrass and Ludwigia arcuata.

Soldato
Just did a 20% change. My bucket is too small for this tank it seems :') Moved the filter to make a current for my tetra's who are now loving the new waterflow pattern past a rock. Interesting schooling fish are. Even caught a glimpse of them all sleeping in formation earlier underneath the filter.

My two new Plattys are a pain in the arse keep getting stuck in the cave as they won't swim through the bubble wall.

Current stock:

2x Plattys (Unsure what type..)
3x X-Ray Tetras
1x Albino Black Widow
1x Guppy (Unsure what type but its female)

Still in cycling stages for now but so far so good. The Plattys and Tetas are also a pain at feeding time as the guppy and black widow beast them to the food. I usually surface feed flakes but im going to have to put them in lower down

Were can i get a large 25L bucket or so also?

Associate
My latest addition

IMG_1548.jpg

and a few of my other fishes

IMG_1306.jpg

Going to have a water change this weekend I have quite a big of algae bloom at the moment and finding it quite hard to get rid of it :/

Last edited:
Associate
Took our U3 filter out to clean yesterday as the flow rate looked to have been dropping in the week. Upon cleaning it and seeing the impeller was fine I put it back and low and behold, it didn't start up. So now I have, after some canopy hole making, a fluval 206 which seems pretty good and certainly frees up some space in the corner of the tank for an ornament or another plant.

IMG_1532.jpg

IMG_1533.jpg

IMG_1547.jpg

IMG_1569.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
My daughter has a small community tank (48L) and whilst it's been fine for the last few years I'm starting to notice waste building up on the plant leaves. I've never been overly impressed with the pump-filter unit and think it's begining to under perform.

Any recommendations on a suitable replacement? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom