Road Cycling Essentials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
The mount side of the connection is threaded the one side (I didn't think it was) but the thread is loads bigger than the Garmin screws meaning they get no bite at all! :eek:

20150302_075829.jpg

Picture isn't great, but I can freely slide the screw in and out.

that is very random! mine just screwed in no problems! :/ and we've both got the same bundle/mount.

here's how my one looks -;

so you need to connect the other bit first before attaching you gopro/virb mount - I'll get a better pic if the above doesn't help

on that note, lost my water bottle today.. :|

overtaking a guy, seriously windy today, over the bridge, he rides over some yellow plastic tile thing.. which then flies up, hits my frame and my bottle cage and my bottle ends up in the middle of a very busy road.. left and it just cycled on - random.com much.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yesterday I completed a course to be a British Cycling Assistant Commissaire.

Quite an interesting course, lots of things to learn though. Not sure I'll ever go through the entire process to UCI Commissaire.

Soldato
Now there's a challenge! Got any idea of the time you'll have to push?

I've already looked at the times for last year and the fastest bike was 2:10:02. Slowest was 04:24:48. If you add together the fastest and slowest time from each discipline (not counting transition) there's 6 hours difference!

Soldato
that is very random! mine just screwed in no problems! :/ and we've both got the same bundle/mount.

here's how my one looks -;

so you need to connect the other bit first before attaching you gopro/virb mount - I'll get a better pic if the above doesn't help

on that note, lost my water bottle today.. :|

overtaking a guy, seriously windy today, over the bridge, he rides over some yellow plastic tile thing.. which then flies up, hits my frame and my bottle cage and my bottle ends up in the middle of a very busy road.. left and it just cycled on - random.com much.

'connect the other bit' ??? :confused: What other bit?! You seem to have a hex headed bolt in yours, is that screwed into the thread in the mount? I didn't get a hex bolt... :rolleyes:

How loose is are your bottle cages?! Or how big was the tile thing! With enough force to do that it could've taken your kneecap off! :eek:

Soldato
I've already looked at the times for last year and the fastest bike was 2:10:02. Slowest was 04:24:48. If you add together the fastest and slowest time from each discipline (not counting transition) there's 6 hours difference!

For 56 miles, so as long as you can push above a 13mph average you'll not be last! ;)

Much climbing?

Soldato
'connect the other bit' ??? :confused: What other bit?! You seem to have a hex headed bolt in yours, is that screwed into the thread in the mount? I didn't get a hex bolt... :rolleyes:

How loose is are your bottle cages?! Or how big was the tile thing! With enough force to do that it could've taken your kneecap off! :eek:

I'll get you a better pic! think I may have got the hex bolt from the other mount I had :o that's probably the reason why you don't have it, afaik superstar won't do much RE that because garmin bolt is a bit different.. and that mount is advertised as gopro compatible :) but give it a shot see what happens, their service over-all seems quite good.

here's a video of the tile/plastic thing that hit me today! still unsure of what it was!

Soldato
For 56 miles, so as long as you can push above a 13mph average you'll not be last! ;)

Much climbing?

I definitely won't be last on the bike, there is a very high chance I will be last on the swim though. In fact there's a high chance I won't make the 1hr 10min cut off for the swim!

This is the route (to and from home included) - Flat route although my elevation figures seem to under read compared to others. https://www.strava.com/activities/196919792

Associate
New bike just been delivered , i'm off to the garage for some exciting unboxing and tinkering :D

Grudas , looking at that vid it seems like some sort of upholstered stool seat or similar. Close call though , could easily have trapped in your spokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom