New ford focus RS

Soldato
Just went an spec'd the ST3 again with a couple of options and it's actually £26.5k, not sure what I did earlier, perhaps I went silly with the expensive paint job and all of the options.

That being said, an equivalent of the Lux 1 RS at £30k should be doable.

Getting rather excited at the prospect! Although I kinda wanted flappy paddles with my next motor.

Man of Honour
In this day and age I adore a manufacturer that doesn't buy into the gargantuan option list. Speccing a BMW destroys the soul, "yeah I'll have that sat nav, that suspension setting, that improved speaker system and blah blah blah", oh that's fine, that's £5,000 extra please thank you very much :D

Whereas paying 30k for a Ford Focus is totally fine?

Associate
Don't forget you can get good discounts off Ford I was pricing an ST3 and was getting offers of £2800 off list for a brand new Factory order to my exact spec or the same level of discount if they could find one already on order.

The RS may not be discounted for the first orders but if looks like it's not going to be limited for there may be room for movement on the price.

Caporegime
Indeed, you could get a Focus ST-3 from a broker for about 20-21k last time i looked. I've got over £3k off list on my Fiesta ST-3.

I somehow doubt such discounts will be available on an RS model though.

Soldato
That blue colour is fantastic they'd be crazy not to offer it...

Are we expecting this to be about £30k or thereabouts? What did the last RS start at?

The orange used on the Mk2 ST show car wasn't originally available either. The issue is the cost of the paint job and making it profitable. If enough people ask for it, as happened with the ST, then Ford will try and do something about it.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;27629031 said:
Whereas paying 30k for a Ford Focus is totally fine?

I think you are hung up on the base model of any car (and I get that to a degree), it's only really as good as its base model when you're stuck in traffic etc.

But...

If it meets the needs of the buyer, then sure. The previous gen RS had exceptional residuals, hard to say whether this one will or not, it could provide fairly low cost motoring for two or three years though.

The point I was illustrating was that the options list on other manufacturers can be daunting compared to say, Ford, who make it rather easy not to miss off essentials spec.

Associate
Some pictures from Geneva

front.jpg

front2.jpg

rear.jpg

Caporegime
I don't like that big block of rubbish in the grill. The mesh honeycomb grill in the ST or even the chrome horizontal grill in the normal car looks so much better.

Associate
The show in Geneva has begun. The first images come online for you and we also like to show that the hot hatch Ford RS.

As described, the Focus RS is powered by a 2.3-liter four-cylinder engine with over 320 hp and four-wheel drive that even a drift to lay down because 70% of the power to the rear wheels can. What you need to know more of the RS? 0-100 km / h is completed in 4.5 seconds and a top speed of 250 km / h is possible! Focus RS is also co-developed by Ken Block, and who knows how to drive a Ford. The rally gun has just the looks that should have the RS. An aggressive front bumper and a fat ass with big silencer.

It's wait until we can step behind the wheel of the RS. The last RS was a spectacular hot hatch and this new generation is the superlative.

'We'll have 4 drive modes -- normal, sport, track and drift' Tyrone Johnson, Team #FordPerformance #GIMS #FocusRS" -Ford uk twitter feed

more1.jpg

more2.jpg

more3.jpg

more4.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't mind the block at the front too much. That's where the number plate will go anyway so makes sense for the plate to be obscuring nothing as opposed to something that would otherwise look good.

Back
Top Bottom