Any Infinity engineers/installers here?

Associate
I ordered BT Infinity and a phoneline yesterday as I'm leaving Virgin Media and after some thought I currently have my VM phoneline in the lounge and the router in my bedroom with my main PC as I 100% need it wired.

Now it was quite simple for VM to run an extention outside from the back of my house where the lounge is around to the front and through the wall into my bedroom for the router.

Can BT do this? Ideally I would need the split to be on the outside and not through the inside of the house.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah I just did ring them but they didn't know exactly, I'm unable to speak to an installer as they are outsourced

I would talk to the engineer when he arrives and explain to him what you're after. That's what my Dad did. The engineer said it wasn't strictly something he would normally do, but that he'd do it anyway. Top bloke he was.

Associate
OP
I would talk to the engineer when he arrives and explain to him what you're after. That's what my Dad did. The engineer said it wasn't strictly something he would normally do, but that he'd do it anyway. Top bloke he was.

Yeah I will ask when he arrives

Wont you just use the existing phone line and extension? BT will just take over (take back) the management of the line.

Your router sync speed may suffer due to the extension though.

I think I'll just have the master socket / phone / router in my bedroom and buy a handset quad deck from BT.

Seems the simplest and hassle free way to go.

Soldato
Yeah I will ask when he arrives

I think I'll just have the master socket / phone / router in my bedroom and buy a handset quad deck from BT.

Seems the simplest and hassle free way to go.

If you already have a master socket, they will probably charge you to move it. However it should all be fine running off an extension.

Associate
I'd imagine all they'll want do is reconnect the existing BT line into the house, that's all they did for my father in law a few weeks ago. Didn't even bother knocking on the door just re-patched and buggered off :rolleyes:.

Back
Top Bottom