Who here owns a Fiesta ST?

Associate
Hi Guys,

Just after a bit of advise really..

My mk6 ST is 7 years old now ive had it from new.

I took it for a service Friday they have advised i need new break pads all round and my lower engine mount has nearly had it.

The brakes i can deal with although i would like to know what you guys would recommend as ive usually gone with standard pads.

I have no idea about the lower engine mount, the garage quoted me nearly £250.00 to fix this which i don't know if this is a good price or not?

Would it be better to buy the part my self and then get quotes to fit it.

I don't know much about engine mounts would anyone be able to link me to what i need, a Google search returned powerflex bushes? :confused:

Cheers guys

Soldato
For pads I really like my EBC Yellow Stuff pads, don't have great bite from cold but once there's a bit of temperature in them they are incredible.

As for lower engine mount, are they referring to the one on the gearbox? If so then that's a ludicrous price.

Associate
Cheers for the reply's,

Im set on EBC pads then im not sure if its the gearbox mount I'll have to re-read the print out when i get home but im sure they just called it 'lower engine mount'.

Soldato
It will be dude they're made of cheese, very soft. Stick an OEM one on if you're not a racecar kinda driver. Tightens things up and still keeps vibrations to a minimum as they should be on a road car :) I had a Fiesta ST sold last year and as a ballpark figure I paid £375 parts and labour with a motorsport company for:

Gearbox oil change (Castrol 75/90), PAS fluid change (Castrol Dex III), Motul 600RBF brake and clutch fluid change, Pagid rear discs and pads, Front ARB drop links, Lower engine/gearbox dogbone mount, strip and clean brakes and calipers, grease gear linkages, check clutch noise and advise, re-fit exhaust sort blows and hang it properly, full check of suspension, bushes, general car check over for advice.

Yes I am sad and kept a diary of money spent lol.

Associate
It will be dude they're made of cheese, very soft. Stick an OEM one on if you're not a racecar kinda driver. Tightens things up and still keeps vibrations to a minimum as they should be on a road car :) I had a Fiesta ST sold last year and as a ballpark figure I paid £375 parts and labour with a motorsport company for:

Gearbox oil change (Castrol 75/90), PAS fluid change (Castrol Dex III), Motul 600RBF brake and clutch fluid change, Pagid rear discs and pads, Front ARB drop links, Lower engine/gearbox dogbone mount, strip and clean brakes and calipers, grease gear linkages, check clutch noise and advise, re-fit exhaust sort blows and hang it properly, full check of suspension, bushes, general car check over for advice.

Yes I am sad and kept a diary of money spent lol.

TBF that's not a bad price for the work you had done IMO but im no expert lol.

I've been looking online and found http://www.powerflex.co.uk/road-series/products/Fiesta+Mk6+inc+ST+%26+Fusion+%282002-2008%29-2610/1.html

But i have no idea which is the one i need.. :confused:

Associate
Back
Top Bottom