I'm doing a half marathon for charity ***I've done it!***

Commissario
I appreciate that there are many people asking for charity donations and that times are still pretty hard for everyone.

While I was picking up the IT department breakfast this morning, I saw an item in the local paper for a midnight charity walk. It interested me and as soon as I got back to the office, I signed up.

I've never done any kind of charity fundraising event in the past and this seemed an ideal chance to put my new fitness and massive weight loss to some kind of use.

fat-to-thin-20150106-172124.jpg

So I’m fundraising for St Elizabeth Hospice in Ipswich; please help me to make a difference by visiting my St Elizabeth Hospice Giving fundraising page and making a donation.

To find out more about this, you can visit my page here where you can also make a secure online donation.

Don't forget to tick the box to reclaim Gift Aid on your donation if you're a UK tax payer as this means St Elizabeth Hospice will receive 25% more at no extra cost to you.

Even if you can only donate a couple of quid, it'll all be appreciated. I genuinely don't know if I can reach the £250 goal I've set myself but it's certainly worth a try.

Thank you.

Commissario
OP
It's a half marathon distance and I simply can't run, my right knee isn't up to it. I spent quite a few weeks trying the C25K program but I couldn't get past week four because despite many attempts, I couldn't run for three minutes without being in serious pain and having to limp home.

So thanks for the encouragement but I'll walk.

Soldato
It's a half marathon distance and I simply can't run, my right knee isn't up to it. I spent quite a few weeks trying the C25K program but I couldn't get past week four because despite many attempts, I couldn't run for three minutes without being in serious pain and having to limp home.

So thanks for the encouragement but I'll walk.

Running is very hard on the joints and not a good way to keep fit, you are right to stick with walking.

Back
Top Bottom