*** Official OcUK Modded Minecraft + Vanilla Server - Now with guides and how to's***

Man of Honour
Bump it up to 48GB would you? :p

Especially given recent events I'm sure the offer is really appreciated. I'm personally not really involved any more (aside from the server being in my name) so I have no say/opinion on the matter.

Associate
Urr turns out I can't, completely forgot it's a m-ITX build, so only max I can get is 16 GB! Although my main rig also has 16 GB RAM, so could just balance it between them both. 16 GB should be fine for both servers, assuming you curb it down from the 250 mods o.o

Man of Honour
Cutting the mods down drastically would help, yeah. I guess as the player base is smaller these days it's not such an issue but I've seen this dedi struggle with regards to RAM previously when it was on 32GB. I think it's 48GB now (kind of forgotten) and as far as I know it's been fine on that.

Associate
8 GB isn't so bad for modded then. It'd be worth stress testing a pure vanilla (no bukkit or anything) to see how it copes on 4 GB. I'm confident it would hold it's own actually.

Soldato
will be looking to put £20 in to cover some of the cost over the weekend. so the 15 short fall should be covered with a little extra to go towards this months bill as well.
edit : i am coming to hate online banking even more than normal right now !!!

Last edited:
Associate
UPDATE

Those of you using van server you should now use
linktart.co.uk as the server address remove the port number as this may not let you log in anymore.

I have configured bungee cord on the server and moved the van server to work with it. This is to facilitate other server changes coming down the road.

What this mean is when we setup the van server you will not need a port number as bungee cord will handle that but it also means both server are accessible from within the van server world.

the idea here is to have player be able to chat between the 2 server and to have all player work together when events are being run

Associate
UPDATE

Well i have just added a TF2 map to the server using the bungee cord setup. I need body's to jump on and play you just need to join the normal server and use the following command

/server tf2

to return back to the van server

/server van

Associate
I'm a bit confused with what's happening with the server now... is there a new vanilla one? Can we move our builds? Are the modded and vanilla servers merging now? I'm a bit out of the loop as I started a new job a couple of weeks ago and it's been manic :'(

I feel like a single server with a few simple mods would be best to get the numbers up. I also really like the idea of a properly planned spawn area and would love to get involved with that, if other peeps would be interested?

Last edited:
Associate
Once i have completed the testing of the multi server setup i can add the old map/server to this and have it accessable with out having to take it down. so access to it shoudl still be fine.

The mod server is somethign to be decided but not many mod players are replying. So i figured we could go with a whole new mod server that is lightly modded for better play and preformance.

I did create a forum post regards what mods player would like on the enjin site so please take a look there.

So currently no major changes. Old van server will move to the new server setup soon so that map will be accessable as a seperat server as in invintories wont be linked.

Associate
Cool, no worries

I had a conversation with someone on the server a few weeks back, reminiscing about the original (or near as) ocuk server and its awesome planned spawn area.

I got bored tonight so thought I'd mess around with a mock up and see if it might be something other people might like or not... I went low-tech and busted out a pencil and paper :cool:

WP_20150310_23_03_18_Pro.jpg

This would be assuming build moves would be possible, moving my cathedral and anyone else's builds over onto the empty plots so the place wouldn't be entirely empty at the start. The community plots at the top could be things everyone would find useful like farms & whatnot. Larger plots could be split up/smaller plots merged depending on what people fancy building.

I thought 2 community-built minecart stations and a big community build like a spleef arena could look awesome facing onto the spawn square with the cathedral, which could be filled with chests & beds for new players. The smaller plots at the bottom would ideally have towers on them making spawn visible from a distance.

The spawn square would be more than big enough for a noticeboard, portals etc.

Just a few thoughts anyways, I genuinely had nothing better to do :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Gazza - looks good, although I'm not sure the current spawn point would work very well - it's right on a desert/savannah plateau and would require a lot of terraforming to get a vaguely flat area to build. The spawn point can always be moved to a more suitable place if other players were happy to move it?

What do other players think?

Marine Iguana - what's your ign? Post it up and we can get you whitelisted :)

cheers - ham

Back
Top Bottom