• Every couple of weeks

Votes: 154 21.6%
  • Roughly once a month

Votes: 97 13.6%
  • Every couple of months

Votes: 53 7.4%
  • Every few months

Votes: 50 7.0%
  • Longer than every few months (specify)

Votes: 25 3.5%
  • Never

Votes: 28 3.9%

• Total voters
Soldato
It doesnt, its a myth. The claim is that it kills bacteria, but of course this is not the case. Bacteria doesnt die at low temperatures, it merely goes to 'sleep' (like cryo of sorts). 80'C plus kills them.

Underboss
meh even my Heartrate chest strap that relies on sweat/moisture to get a good enough contact says to wash it every 3 uses
EDIT:
actually it's more than that
ITr0twD.jpg

and that's in direct contact with a sweaty chest

I read somewhere that the HRM strap should be rinsed under a tap after every use, I think its on my polar strap
and I read online somewhere, that you should was your cycling cloths after EVERY time you ride in them

Soldato
Surely unwashed jeans will start to smell? Mine get washed once a week normally.

How do people keep them so clean?

I only own cheap jeans though, perhaps that makes a difference?

Jeans that are 2 weeks without wash are pretty much identical to a pair that's 15 months unwashed. See Link Here

Unless you're wearing them every day and sweat profusely for 12 hours continuously then they won't start smelling for a long time.

Studies have shown that there is the same amount of bacteria after about 10 wears as there is after 100s of wears, and it is all harmless.

If they are dirty then spot clean them, as already mentioned :)

Soldato
When my mrs moans they have stuff on them?

2-3 Weeks, with them being the painted designer type overwashing them only ruins them. U can usually just wipe most stuff off them

Soldato
I know this thread died down, but im bringing it back for a Jean Washing related question, First my answer is, wear them till they look dirty or feel dirty, so 2-3 days - this in itself does begin to ruin them but they are often cheap enough to replace.

Onto the washing related question - How do you clean Coated Black/Charcoal jeans, recently got some as a gift and never had them before im at a loss, Label says 40c but surely that will ruin the wierd coating?

Soldato
Air them out if they smell. Spot clean them with some water and a tiny bit of detergent. No need to wash them unless they are quite literally absolutely covered in grime.

Caporegime
I read somewhere that the HRM strap should be rinsed under a tap after every use, I think its on my polar strap
and I read online somewhere, that you should was your cycling cloths after EVERY time you ride in them

yea your supposed to give it a quick rinse, but surely the same is fine for jeans ? just dumping them in the bath tub or whatever like some people seem to do instead of washing them

Soldato
Every couple of months as they dont get dirty, or smell or anything, jeans are actually naturally very clean and inhibit bacteria. It's pointless to wash them so regularly, only time I will wash them early is if they got some dirt on them for example such as when its really wet on a rainy day the bottom bits can pick up dirt from splashes.

Back
Top Bottom