DIY kitchens, anyone uses them?

Associate
I just fitted one in my kitchen last month they are good quality come pre built cant fault them they are 18mm chipboard but its hard to tell as they seal every edge I chose wooden doors and paid extra to have them fitted at the factory. The kitchen comes with some asda biscuits and yorkshire tea which was a nice touch only thing that was so so was delivery them being up north and me down south took them all day to drive down, kitchen arrived quarter to 7 in the evening i wouldn't buy a granite or quartz worktop from them go direct to natural stone surfaces if you do as thats what is sold by diy kitchens.

Soldato
Done quite a bit of reading up about them and they appear to be really good. I'll be ordering off them once I know the exact space i've got to work with in my house when the building work is done. They seem good VFM especially as they are delivered ready built!

Associate
you should get a price from howdens there the same spec as above also they price match so its worth a shot
im sure you will have one near you witch is good if you have any problems or damaged items you cna just go to the shop and change it

Associate
I placed an order for the Luca Graphite from them last week - for the price they are unbeatable imho. The only major issue is they don't have an online planner. Bizarrely, they suggest you print out diagrams of each unit which you can cut with scissors and place on graph paper to 'design' your kitchen...I had to call them 9 times to confirm sizing and internal drawers/pull outs/baskets etc

Also, the point about buying worktops from kitchen suppliers is 100% true. Go direct to manufacturers/suppliers. If you go to Sheridans for example, you can get granite/quartz/corian for £90 per square metre.

Soldato
In what respect?

I'm looking to order a kitchen from them a short while before I go on holiday in the hope it will be delivered whilst i'm away and can be fitted when I get back.

Associate
Literally finished fitting the remo elm kitchen in my utility and kitchen. Units look awesome will upload pics once tiles are all sorted.

How are you finding the remo kitchen units? I am thinking of using them in my kitchen refit.....just wary of how they work for heavy drawers, and integrated dishwashers/fridge freezers.

Are the doors hard to open with the smaller handleless edge?

Associate
I'm clumsy and get on with the remo handles fine but they aren't big handles grip so maybe I'm just being helpful. Planning can be a nightmare however they have literally everysingle size of cabinet so a lot more flexible than the other guys. We had a boiler we wanted to put a larder over and some companies couldn't cover it nicely with a big larder.

Back
Top Bottom