*** Show us your bikes! ***

Associate
better to have it tested tbh, i personally wouldn't want to ride some thing that didn't have the brakes tested fully

I've never had a new bike with zero miles. My S1000RR came with 2 on the clock. They have to run the bike with the engine running to check for problems.

And by design the clock won't have an easy way to reset the mileage (for obvious reasons!)

Soldato
The levers fitted as standard to most bikes are not the best looking things ever made. I know it's just cosmetic but the fact you can get Chinese levers very cheap, and they're great quality, it's one of the most popular upgrades people seem to make. Here's a photo of the levers I put on my ER6f some years ago and one of the clutch lever in place. They're the normal length ones I now prefer the shorties. At the bottom is a shorty I had on my Versys.

IMAG0241.jpg

IMAG0290.jpg

DSCF9088_zps7303bd5d.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
My dropbox nuked all my public photos so have these again:
Rideout_01.jpg

Rideout_02.jpg

Rideout_03.jpg

I'm off for a 5 hours bike tour this afternoon with the MC, should be hitting 4 mountain passes :D

Soldato
The levers fitted as standard to most bikes are not the best looking things ever made. I know it's just cosmetic but the fact you can get Chinese levers very cheap, and they're great quality, it's one of the most popular upgrades people seem to make. Here's a photo of the levers I put on my ER6f some years ago and one of the clutch lever in place. They're the normal length ones I now prefer the shorties. At the bottom is a shorty I had on my Versys.

http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac1/ElliotR/IMAG0241.jpg[IMG]

[img]http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac1/ElliotR/IMAG0290.jpg[img]

[IMG]http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac1/ElliotR/DSCF9088_zps7303bd5d.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

They look nice!! What ones are they? Can you link to an ebay shop for this model please?

Soldato
They look nice!! What ones are they? Can you link to an ebay shop for this model please?

They're the2wheels and they've changed the design in 2014 and they now have 7 positions.

For the cost they are an excellent product and it wouldn't surprise me if they were manufactured in the same factory as the expensive branded levers are.

5OYrhRR.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
The levers fitted as standard to most bikes are not the best looking things ever made. I know it's just cosmetic but the fact you can get Chinese levers very cheap, and they're great quality

The quality of the machined and anodised finish are usually very good , but tolerances can be suspect and the bit that really gives away their origins is the absence of a proper bronze bush for the pivot.

Back
Top Bottom