*** Nexus 10 Tablet ***

Soldato
I've always had problems with my nexus 10 and random reboots, poor wireless and poor standby battery life. All of those things have gone away after a factory reset and OTA update to lollipop.

Happy to finally have a tablet I enjoy using and hopefully it will last a couple of more years.

Soldato
ADB sideloaded it and it was fine for me... Not noticed any problems so far.

I'm tempted to jump on the custom ROM boat again though, I miss my tinted status bar.

Mine was OTA, kicked up an error on the auto reboot when it installed, followed by a boot loop. In the end I wiped the cache in recovery mode and it booted up again, but the version is showing as 5.0.1, so the install basically failed.
I'll wait until I'm back from holiday next week before attempting again.

Associate
I installed the cyanogenmod 12 5.0.2 and all was well until I realised that the home button no longer works. Been faffing about for ages with no luck. Found fixes for other devices and versions but not this one, a right PITA.

Soldato
From what I've seen, any CM12 based ROM is pretty buggy. I'm keeping an eye on Lollipopalooza as the developer's Thunderkat ROM was pretty good, although development will probably slow down since it's not his main device any more.

Associate
I faffed with Lollipopalooza for a bit prior to CM12 but it messed up all my google apps with google services and google play store not installing via flashing, sideloading etc. Couldn't find a Gapps install that would actually work despite all the sites saying which versions to use (followed numerous guides to the letter without luck.)
I'm now on stock 5.0 which installed after several flashes. Obviously it's got a lot of bloat but I can live with it as I now have an N10 that fully works! :)

Soldato
That's what currently stopping me from jumping to Lollipopalooza, the XDA threads have a few posts about the gapps package :p.

Tried flashing the mod for translucent status/nav bars but my N10 goes into a bootloop. Flashing back the stock framework-res APK fixes it. Apparently the mod was working fine for 5.0 and 5.0.1 but 5.0.2 is having problems...

EDIT: Dirty flashed this and I once again have translucency! Homescreen lags a bit with Nova in the app drawer but apart from that everything seems to be working fine.

Last edited:
Associate
That link was where I got the stock 5.0 from. The 5.0.1 and 5.0.2 from there don't install properly for me. Not going to change it now as after using 5.0 "as is" for the past couple of days it is noticeably more snappy so there is an improvement. Not noticed any lags....yet!
Not really worth upgrading to any other tablet yet, the N10 has got a good bit of life left in it still and I love the screen and front facing speakers.

Soldato
It took a bit of effort to get the 5.0.2 zip file to install properly, using TWRP 2.8.4.0, I had to wipe system, cache and dalvik cache, then unmount everything, which then finally allowed it to flash properly.

Soldato
Anyone had their Nexus 10 get confused whether it should be in portrait or landscape mode? Mine is stuck in portrait when it should be in landscape, unless I turn it upside down so the camera and volume buttons are at the bottom. Holding it in portrait mode displays in portrait mode, but if I turn it upside down then the screen stays in portrait but does not flip vertically. It seems to be thoroughly confused. It got like this whilst it exited some app or other as I had it laid flat.

A quick google suggests a factory reset is the only way to fix it. Seems a bit extreme, any other methods to get it working? Tried to obvious off/on and display settings jiggery pokery.

Associate
Hi Chaps, hoping someone maybe able to help me.

I turned on my N10 this morning and was prompted with an error.... "unfortunately the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped"
if I click ok to close the prompt, within a seconds it pops back up straight away. So trying to navigate around the tablet in an effort to rectify the problem is really hard when this error prompt continually pops up in front of everything.
I've tried resetting app preferences as a few people suggest, but that didn't work.

I'm running android version 5.1, but it is worth noting I managed to let it upgrade to this from 5.0 this morning, hoping that the upgrade would rectify this annoying error, which it didn't.

Cheers

Soldato
Just noticed Remix OS is out for the N10: http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-10/development/rom-remix-os-nexus-10-t3154145

Decided to give it a try to see how well the multi windows works. It seems fine but it does this by using the phone version of the app, and as far as I can see there's no way to resize them. Went back to stock LP as Remix OS still seems to have a bit of bugs everywhere and didn't feel as smooth.

Also, I can't find any working ADB/fastboot drivers for Windows 10 :p.

Back
Top Bottom