• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Need some help!!

Soldato
Hi guys, it's been a long time since I posted on here, but I was looking for some advice regarding this new graphics card that I've bought.

It's the Inno3D 970 Air Boss Ultra: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-041-IN&groupid=701&catid=1914&subcat=1010

I received it today, and installed it first thing this morning and started running Unigine Heaven, 3D Mark and a bunch of games, but it keeps throwing my monitor into standby and I get this error:

Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered. with 4101 as the Event ID, the card is pre overclocked, and I've tried to lower the clocks using MSI Afterburner but I don't actually think it's doing anything as it doesn't change my clocks, nor voltage if I try and increase it slightly.

I really don't understand it, my system runs perfectly with my old GTX 470 in it, but this error is happening as soon as I run Heaven, and it'll happen fairly quickly in games and 3D Mark too, I've had a look around online and found that it seems to be a fairly common problem but none of the fixes I found has made a blind bit of a difference.

My specs are:

Xeon X5660
Asus RIIE
12GB Corsair Dominator GT
Corsair HX850W PSU

Has anyone else here managed to fix this issue, as it is really driving me nuts not being able to play any games at all with this new card.

Thanks in advance

Soldato
OP
I've tried the very latest 347.88 and also 347.52 same annoying issue keeps happening, frustrated isn't the word!!!

I just want to play my current games with decent settings and smooth fps, the 470 is hopeless. :/

Thanks for the quick response man

Soldato
OP
I've just uninstalled the driver using DDU and have installed the latest nVidia driver, so far so good, I will keep gaming on it to see if the problem comes back or not.

Thanks guys.

Soldato
OP
Unfortunately I've still been having those annoying crashes, and I've also noticed this weird sound when the card is under load, not like a whine more like a clicking/light hissing sound that comes and goes, it's definitely coming from the card.

Could it be the fact that these cards have been factory OCed and I've just gotten a bad one that can't handle the overclock?

I wanted to try downclocking it to factory speeds, but whenever I tried to lower clocks in Afterburner it didn't do anything at all, the only thing that I could change in there was the fan speed.

Also, I was curious about how this card was packaged as well, it never came in an anti static bag, the card was just inside the foam insert for the box, I recently put an X99 system together for my dad using a pair of the KFA2 Infin8 cards and those were inside anti static bags.

Any help/advice would be highly appreciated folks.

Thanks in advance

edit

Forgot to say but I set the BIOS back to defaults prior to leaving Unigine Heaven running overnight, according to Event Viewer it started to do the same thing I first mentioned here at about 4.10am and there was loads of "driver stopped responding and recovered" warnings in Event Viewer till about 5.30 where it must have had enough and actually crashed the app itself, as when I checked this morning it was sat on my desktop with an error up on the screen saying Unigine had crashed, I should have noted down what it said but I was frustrated.

I really don't want to have to send this card back, but I can't seem to sort this issue so I won't have any option but to return it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom