New Job and in need of new car

Soldato
Are you kidding? On what planet is a lovely car like a superb or something like a vrs Octavia "worse" than a recession white 320d?

I'd rather have a 330d than the Octavia, but its not am equivalent car and we have already discovered it doesn't work for you

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I'm not doubting the Skodas are good cars, with plenty of toys etc, but in terms of looks they have room for improvement.

I've actually booked a visit to have a look at a Superb though.

Soldato
I'm not doubting the Skodas are good cars, with plenty of toys etc, but in terms of looks they have room for improvement.

I've actually booked a visit to have a look at a Superb though.

You should probably add 'needs to look like a BMW 3 Series' to your list of requirements :p

Soldato
Have you actually seen the new vrs? Considering the spec of car you should be comparing it to with 1999 headlights and nothing inside?

Soldato
OP
To get the spec of Skoda Octavia VRS I would want would be £32k as a lot of the things I would want are optional extras. Compared to the Peugeot 508 SW GT which has them all by default and pop up second hand for around £18,000, which is half the price nearly.

Soldato
One is new (and clearly got a lot of option boxes ticked), one isn't - why are you comparing them?

Regardless, the 508's are fine, buy one if you like them

Soldato
I wish someone had told me these things before I bought an octavia :(

What that it's not going to be a f4nny magnet? :D OP is worried about having a cool car to attract the ladies with but is looking at a 18k Pug that grandad's drive and a diesel 320D. He will beating the local skanks off with a stick I'm sure .

Back
Top Bottom