Road Cycling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
No probs.

It will only cost you postage :)

Does your bike used BB7 disc brakes?

Very kind of you, thanks :) I'll just double-check that I actually need it. I don't want to take it if it could end up being useful for someone else.

My current bike came with BB7s but I upgraded to Hy/Rds a while back. The new bike will be Shimano RS685s. Why do you ask?

Associate
Now I'm not one for buying pro team kit/colours, due to the fact that I'm not a pro nor do I look like one.

However, I went into Rapha MCR last week and saw this. I said to myself I'd buy it on pay day (today) if they still had it in stock... It's only just gone on sale today online.

I've just been out and bought it - it is very nice! I was hoping to get a size down from my usual XL as I've lost ~18lbs in the last 2 months and probably have another 15lbs to lose but the L was just too short on the front. I figured I may get slimmer but I'm not going to get shorter anytime soon, and I'd rather it be a bit of a looser fit than constantly pulling it down!

Bring on the sunshine for me to wear it :)

Soldato
Great choice, I've just got an R3 :)

The R2 looks like great value, except I want campag

11-speed cassettes are cross-compatible though so I could change the shifters for chorus ergos and the rear derailleur for an Athena (which'd be almost cost-neutral) then change the wheels later

Caporegime
Decisions decisions... I'm hoping to get out for a metric century on Saturday, as it'll be my last chance for a decent Saturday ride for a while due to the way the kids' swimming lessons are falling this time round. Do I go for a route I've done before to see whether I can better my time from last time round, or try something new in the name or exploring and going somewhere new...

Man of Honour
Feeling annoyingly lethargic today and really cold. Suspect I'm coming down with something yet again - damn people in the office spreading their germs around. The weather utterly sucking isn't helping either.

Decisions decisions... I'm hoping to get out for a metric century on Saturday, as it'll be my last chance for a decent Saturday ride for a while due to the way the kids' swimming lessons are falling this time round. Do I go for a route I've done before to see whether I can better my time from last time round, or try something new in the name or exploring and going somewhere new...

Head out towards the Peaks or try the Macc route I did the other week :)

Caporegime
Now I'm not one for buying pro team kit/colours, due to the fact that I'm not a pro nor do I look like one.

However, I went into Rapha MCR last week and saw this. I said to myself I'd buy it on pay day (today) if they still had it in stock... It's only just gone on sale today online.

I've just been out and bought it - it is very nice! I was hoping to get a size down from my usual XL as I've lost ~18lbs in the last 2 months and probably have another 15lbs to lose but the L was just too short on the front. I figured I may get slimmer but I'm not going to get shorter anytime soon, and I'd rather it be a bit of a looser fit than constantly pulling it down!

Bring on the sunshine for me to wear it :)
Rapha make good gear, without question. I cannot bring myself to have SKY logos all over me though.

Soldato
Thanks for this buddy!

No worries, just sharing my opinions (got lots of those) and experiences (got some of those too!) :D

I'd see how you're feeling and what the weather is doing - great weather = new/exciting route. Miserable weather/not 100% = route you've done before :)

Feeling annoyingly lethargic today and really cold. Suspect I'm coming down with something yet again

Same here, lots of things going around but I feel like this ones got me as I drove the last 2 days (unlikely). Back to cycling tomorrow ;)

Rapha make good gear, without question. I cannot bring myself to have SKY logos all over me though.

K13LCC, there's so much divided opinion about team/pro kit wearing I'd do whatever you want, just don't expect anyone to take you seriously if wearing it! Least of all yourself ;)

I've looked at these before. Providing they're 'Rapha Quality' it'd be an easy way to own Rapha bib-shorts without spending £160+. I'd certainly try them before spending £100+ on another brand (Castelli etc). But branded black shorts are less in your face than a jersey, especially if not worn with matching team jersey! :cool:;)

I find it acceptable when you don't pay for it :D

/ignored :p

Soldato
No, I hate camping :p

Each to their own :p

I just had a go at packing the panniers and i managed to fit the tent, poles, pegs, sleeping bag and sleeping mat into one bag with a bit of room to spare, possibly enough for a small alcohol stove. Leaves the other one free for clothes, food and water and the side pockets as well as my saddle bag are probably enough for tools/spares. Not sure i would feel especially great about touring on my current wheelset but it's so tempting to just... go.

Soldato
That's a great time around RP Thomas, do you think that you could maintain that kind of effort for 3 laps?

Tom said:
Thanks, probably not as that was pretty maximal, basically use it as a ~20min FTP test. I think I could have a good crack at 55mins or so for 3 laps. Especially wearing some more suitable gear. Winter jacket and boots at night not great for fast times.

So I was working from home today, and was bored this afternoon, so...

Was wearing jersey and base layer today so more aero, still got held up a couple of times so an easy 30 seconds to gain there. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom