*** The Official Samsung Galaxy S6/Edge Thread ***

Caporegime
I reckon it will be 3/4 months till it drops to £500

Note 4 has been out for 5 months now and is only really just hitting £450 in the last month or so and I can't see it dropping to £400 for about another month.

IMO the early adopters are being ripped of big time, Samsung and the shops/etailers (more so the latter) know that people will buy their products regardless of cost etc. so they are just simply trying to make a quick cash in from those guys, if the pre-order numbers/interest was crap, it is guaranteed the price would drop massively after all, it only costs about £100-200 to make top end devices iirc.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just a question... When I checked out the edge and the standard one in O2... I thought the home button stuck out quite a bit (enough to notice it)... Anyone else notice this? Maybe it is so the fingerprint sensor works properly?

Or maybe they were pre-production / pre-release models?

Soldato
I can't say for sure, I went to O2 and they had live display models stuck down for both S6 and S6 edge... And she also brought me out an S6 from the back, I'm guessing they will have had the S6 edge at the back too

Went into CPW before that though (same day) and they only had live display model of the S5 still... But as above in someone else's post, it seems another CPW store did have them

If you have an O2 store I'd check there first as I know of two different O2 stores that have both on display and non-tied down versions in the back

Soldato
@Too Tall... I just realised Spigen have slightly rushed these cases we've ordered... They have a small hole drilled out on either side of the charging port (excluding the headphone and speaker cutout), whereas on the actual phone there is only a need for a hole on one side (for the mic)

Soldato
Well for anyone who ordered with Samsung directly payment should have been taken...mines certainly has!

I'm hoping Samsung will ship these units on the 8th for delivery on the 9th considering the preorder pick ups are happening for the retailers. I know there was an announcement but it didn't exactly say from Samsung.com it would be delivered on the 9th :p

Soldato
@Too Tall... I just realised Spigen have slightly rushed these cases we've ordered... They have a small hole drilled out on either side of the charging port (excluding the headphone and speaker cutout), whereas on the actual phone there is only a need for a hole on one side (for the mic)

I'll check mine tonight mate.

Soldato
Well I had a play with an S6 at lunch time there...thing is lovely, fast and well I feel I've made the right decision already. :)

That was in the O2 shop in Glasgow...the M9 was there also and it was next to the M8, probably not the best handset to put it in a direct comparison to :p

Associate
Apologies if it's already been mentioned, but does anyone plan on getting the S6 in green? Seems O2 are limited to black, white and gold plat. I like both the gold plat and green one, but I would need to see the gold plat one in person, don't want it looking too gold if you know what I mean. :p

Soldato

I've checked my case as well and it has two holes at the bottom. Needless to say it's going straight back to Amazon for a refund.

Associate
Apologies if it's already been mentioned, but does anyone plan on getting the S6 in green? Seems O2 are limited to black, white and gold plat. I like both the gold plat and green one, but I would need to see the gold plat one in person, don't want it looking too gold if you know what I mean. :p

I was VERY tempted by the green but ultimately opted for the safety of a black S6 edge (Edge??!). The standard S6 comes in blue rather than green.

Soldato

yep i've ordered the 32gb Edge in green from the .de site

Soldato
I considered / am still considering returning it, but I really like the case otherwise

Hmm decisions....

Do what makes you happy Mate.

Pre orders and prices up at Handtec

S6 32GB - £574.79

S6 64GB - £629.99
S6 Edge 64GB - £722.39

S6 128GB - £695.99
S6 Edge 128GB - £795.99

Back
Top Bottom