*** The Official Samsung Galaxy S6/Edge Thread ***

Soldato
Having seen these phones in person, I'm now leaning towards the regular s6. Now that the initial wow factor of the edge has worn off, the edge does just seem like a slightly prettier version with no real benefits to justify the £100+ premium.

I think it would made a much bigger impact if samsung only brought out one version of the s6 (the edge) and focused on the tech.

Think I'll be waiting for a price drop or 2 and pick up the 64gb s6 when the price drops to ~£500

Soldato
Interesting to see how many people are going to wait for an expected price drop. Samsung does tend to drop the price of their phones after a while, whilst Apple doesn't. I wonder how much it works against them.

Soldato
Apologies if it's already been mentioned, but does anyone plan on getting the S6 in green? Seems O2 are limited to black, white and gold plat. I like both the gold plat and green one, but I would need to see the gold plat one in person, don't want it looking too gold if you know what I mean. :p

I want the edge in Blue but it doesn't seem to be available yet

Soldato
Edge isn't going to be released in blue, is it? Standard S6 gets blue while the Edge gets green.

This is correct.

S6 in blue
Edge in green

Also with regards to those Spigen cases, I have a response from the company asking for pictures which I will send them later this afternoon to see what they say

Soldato
I'd be interested to see how you get on with that. If you need other pictures I can send some.

If you have the case with you, please could you trust me a couple of pictures of the issue and I can forward it on to them? Saves them waiting all day to see the pics

Thanks! :)

EDIT: Not to worry, I have pictures now :)

Last edited:
Soldato
what's the best deals for contracts on these?

One thing to consider is that I have 20% discount on vodafone, and 40% on EE, which is at the moment leaving me between these two:

Vodafone: Free phone, Free accessory pack (wireless charger and case), 7gb data unlimited minutes unlimited texts. Also includes spotify, which I already pay £10 a month for so i've deducted that off too, leaving it at: £28.81 pcm, cost over term: £691.44

EE: £29.99 for phone, £40 for the wireless charger, spotify not included, 10gb Data, unlimited calls and texts. PCM: £29.99, cost over term: £769.76

Has anyone seen anything that can better these deals? Must include at least 6gb of data.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom