The forgotten FPS thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Oh xen, i remember you, but didn't know you very well, however i've seen you many a time. Always assumed you were american though, down to the fact some of raze and cbx were hmmmmmm.

After mplayer died, we sort of moved onto cs, ut, and jk2. We need to hook up some time for a game of cs or something, lol.

Associate
KizZ said:
And Quake 2, you all probably know this game :)
Deffo not forgotten, I play it for 20+ hours a week still online ;) still tournaments organised on national levels.

Maybe we should quit now since it's been out for (approaching) 10 years.

But all the FPSes mentioned in this tread I remember growing up with... urg I feel so old :)

I suppose one to add might be Witchaven, used to love that game as a single player game.

Last edited:

n3x

n3x

Associate
Vimanis said:
Oh xen, i remember you, but didn't know you very well, however i've seen you many a time. Always assumed you were american though, down to the fact some of raze and cbx were hmmmmmm.

After mplayer died, we sort of moved onto cs, ut, and jk2. We need to hook up some time for a game of cs or something, lol.

Wahey im remembered lol :D

Add me to you msn if you like, should be in my trust thingy if that works...

mainly playing lfs and cs1.6 at the moment, need some peeps to play with im getting lonely online these days :(

Associate
FPS-ish...

Mercenary on Speccy:
Mercenary.png

Breathless on Amiga:
award_breathless.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Lashout_UK said:
Heavy Gear - loved that. Great FMV, great gameplay, good idea.

Heavy%20Gear.jpg

Never rated the 2nd one much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bafq8-a1CkU

Used to love the endless customisations :)

Oh I bloody well agree there my friend! Brill game that was! Bloody brilliant game! :D

Anyone up for Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast Bespin Mission style? LoL, I always used to kill those two "helpers"! More Reborn for me to kill! :D

JediOutcast.jpg

Last edited:

j0n

j0n

Associate
Vimanis said:
Actually i do, lol

Lemme just make a list, plus the ones i've already mentioned:

YTL, BACM, FtB, RaZe, CBX, CYD, SX, AIM (A/P), Val, 101st, UKCM, AMC, FR, TTC, CCC, CA, Digital, yoga, AMP, Madcatz

I'm sure there are other famous ones i haven't listed.

I was and am still in RED if anyone remembers that clan, but not RED_SQD they were different, they were *censored*s!!!

oh the memories

Saw the AvP ss a few pages back and wondered if anyone used to play it on mplayer! How weird! I was in SX way back in 1999 onwards!
Totally agree about AvP2 being too slow in mp. Still haven't played an mp fps thats as fast as AvP.

Soldato
Echo said:
FPS-ish...

Mercenary on Speccy:
Mercenary.png

Breathless on Amiga:
award_breathless.jpg
Breathless had amazing graphics for the time for the Amiga but was let down by being an absolute pig! I've played it through recently using an Amiga emulator and it's really not very good. A better alternative was:

Gloom

gloom.png

Soldato
Col_M said:
OMG i used to play that for hours on my ST. The map was pretty huge from what i remember and used to take ages to get anywhere walking lol :cool:
Hunter was a superb game which really sohwed what the A500 could do. Such a believable environment with a real sense of being there.

Associate
Trick said:
Breathless had amazing graphics for the time for the Amiga but was let down by being an absolute pig! I've played it through recently using an Amiga emulator and it's really not very good. A better alternative was:

Gloom

gloom.png
Aye, Gloom was great fun with a mate + parallel cable :)

Soldato
Has anyone mentioned Project: IGI yet? Man, that thing got difficult at times with having no saves during levels. So if you die, even right at the very last moment, you have to start the entire level again.

uhTfXAr.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom