Acer XB270HU - Worlds First IPS, 1440p, 144hz, Gsync

Associate
If the batch that OcUk gets does suffer from the dead/stuck pixels issues, let's hope OcUK will allow us customers to send the screen
back to them under RMA especially if we've just received the screen and noticed the issue after turning it on and checking.

Gibbo added this feature for the Asus Rog Swift, with a 28 day swap on it. Wonder if he would do the same as this is just a prestigious in price and specs.

Associate
i bought this acer monitor, and found 2 dead pixels(dark dots) and lots of micro colored pixels visible only on black background. I think there was like 14 dots.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Acer XB270HU - Worlds First IPS, 1440p, 144hz, Gsync (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11)

Go to first new post ACER Monitors - my warranty hell and why you should NOT buy one (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 4 5)

Well that don't bode well, considering its the first screen that ticks all them boxes (accept 4K) and the price tag would demand perfection in no less then a British humph.

Associate
Acer XB270HU - Worlds First IPS, 1440p, 144hz, Gsync (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11)

Go to first new post ACER Monitors - my warranty hell and why you should NOT buy one (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 4 5)

Well that don't bode well, considering its the first screen that ticks all them boxes (accept 4K) and the price tag would demand perfection in no less then a British humph.

IPS is good but overrated, VA has better contrast and blacks.

I'd buy a 34 inch VA panel 21:9 3440x1440 120hz, if it existed :)

Soldato
IPS is good but overrated, VA has better contrast and blacks.

I'd buy a 34 inch VA panel 21:9 3440x1440 120hz, if it existed :)

That would be the dream and a little brother 2560x1080 29 inch but otherwise same specs. Since this is not coming anytime soon if ever i think i might as well just get the Eizo Foris 120hz VA panel for my FPS gaming and keep my AOC q2963pm 21:9 for RPGs and other similar immersive settings.

Associate
O dear, well if one can get one without any pixel issues, this monitor should be fantastic, i had the asus rog but couldn't get used to the vertical noise that was apparent when turning sideways in games.

I have looked and I can't see where this is for sale anywhere in the world with any stocks. So not sure where all the bad experience is coming form this EXACT model?

Found one EU version of a site that has 3 good reviews of this montior (in German)

Regardless still worth a shot, my QNIX is a little motion blurry... :)

Last edited:
Soldato
O dear, well if one can get one without any pixel issues, this monitor should be fantastic, i had the asus rog but couldn't get used to the vertical noise that was apparent when turning sideways in games.

I have looked and I can't see where this is for sale anywhere in the world with any stocks. So not sure where all the bad experience is coming form this EXACT model?

Found one EU version of a site that has 3 good reviews of this montior (in German)

Regardless still worth a shot, my QNIX is a little motion blurry... :)

Look earlier in this thread for the oc.net link to the people in US who have bought it.

B*** B** was one of the places mentioned. Its on the Acer US store too.

Associate
you can return it under your 14 day OCUK service. Doesn't matter whether its a dead pixel or you don't want it as long as its in pristine condition.

After that you are subject to the OCUK/Manufacturers policy on dead pixels which varies.

When sending a screen back to them, do OcUK pay the cost or would we have send it back to them out of our own pocket?

Isn't sending a screen quite expensive depending on the courier delivery service used?

What would be the recommended courier delivery service to use that is not too expensive and reliable?

Last edited:
Soldato
When sending a screen back to them, do OcUK pay the cost or would we have send it back to them out of our own pocket?

Isn't sending a screen quite expensive depending on the courier delivery service used?

What would be the recommended courier delivery service to use that is not too expensive and reliable?

UPS will be around £10 and it's pretty reliable. There are cheaper ones too.

Back
Top Bottom