Car Wrapping - Clio 172

Soldato
I have posted some pictures of the Clio being wrapped in the "What have you done today" thread.

But I feel this needs a thread of its own, Mainly because I want to show it off; Indeed I'm that sad.

Why did I have it wrapped?
There are a few answers to that question:
1. The PlastiDip coating was starting to Bubble.
2. I have always wanted to do it properly.
3. I won a facebook Comp to get a car wrapped for free.

What colour did I Pick and why?
I decided on Matt Anthracite, This was the nicest colour from the selection I was offered for free.. I originally set my sights on a gloss, but after much advice from people who had had cars wrapped I was warned away from Gloss vinyl and steered towards matt. And the colour just popped out at me with its pearl like effect.

-----------------------

On Saturday I made the trip to Huntingdon with my wife following behind in her Megane, Was a decent 79Mile trip to drop the car off with a couple of stops for lunch on the way.

Was met by 3 nice blokes who had a look over the car in its current state, Bits of WD40 in the grooves and Plastidip hidden in places that needed removing..
Was informed there would be a charge to remove said Dip and Oil which i was happy with.
I also opted for a slight tint of the rear 3 windows to set off the new Wrap.

On Saturday night I was sent two photos of the progress, It seems these chaps work late.

Now that's as far as this story goes, They don't want to send me more pictures as "it would ruin the moment" and i agree.

So here are Two Photos of the Progress, I will update this thread with a set more when I get the car back tomorrow. They also have some extra Progress Photos I will be able to get too.

Soldato
I think the clio is actually quite a nice choice for getting this done.

It'll definitely be unique! Will check back for more pics.

Soldato
^ Lol

That front bumper upsets me greatly.

I'm the same as sovietspybob though, If I was going to get something wrapped (especially for free) it'd need to be a lairy colour. It's what the clio of doom would want anyway

Soldato
Intrigued to see how it will look. Is there a reason that most wraps are matt rather than gloss?

Hopefully it will look different enough to any other regular silver Clio 172.

Caporegime
You made a blue Clio silver?

Why not just buy a silver one? There's a billion out there for 5p each, and you could have sold the blue one to someone who wants an interesting colour.

Soldato
OP
You made a blue Clio silver?

Why not just buy a silver one? There's a billion out there for 5p each, and you could have sold the blue one to someone who wants an interesting colour.

Nah mate.

was black with bad paint work.
The blue bumper is a spare bumper I fitted as original was cracked

Associate
Intrigued to see how it will look. Is there a reason that most wraps are matt rather than gloss?

Hopefully it will look different enough to any other regular silver Clio 172

From what I have seen the finish on gloss looks like a pretty bad paint job - i.e bad orange peel.

You get away with this using a matt finish.

Caporegime
Nah mate.

was black with bad paint work.
The blue bumper is a spare bumper I fitted as original was cracked

Oh yeah, I can see that in the pics now.

Still a dull colour. Given Inferno Orange and Liquid Yellow are some of the best colours of any car ever, dark grey seems like a bit of a waste.

But then I had day glow yellow wing mirrors for a while so maybe that's just me :p

Soldato
OP
Oh yeah, I can see that in the pics now.

Still a dull colour. Given Inferno Orange and Liquid Yellow are some of the best colours of any car ever, dark grey seems like a bit of a waste.

But then I had day glow yellow wing mirrors for a while so maybe that's just me :p

I understand where your coming from.

I would have liked to go for a nice bright gloss, but I am a fan of matt finishes and this one just jumped out at me, it has a glitter effect in it.

I will get a video shot of it to give a better idea.

Soldato
The idea of paying for this on a Clio is lost on me....which is good that you won the wrap for free. :)

The colour looks like a good choice in my opinion, not a crazy colour but still different from the stock colours and should work nicely on the Clio. It's also a million times better than the plastidip colour you had on there.

It'll be interesting to see what it looks like in the daylight once you've collected the car and been able to get some better pics.

Back
Top Bottom