Road Cycling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I keep running into a guy on a motorbike on my morning commutes, who gives me loads of abuse. Does anyone have any suggestions of anything I can do?

I can take the verbal abuse, but he's sounded more and more angry with every commute, and I'm seriously worried he's going to push me off or attack me. He never pulls over, so I never have chance to defend my position.

He doesn't like me cycling on a narrow road, there's a small shared cycle pavement next to it, but I don't feel safe sharing with pedestrians. I've actually had a lady jog into me (whilst stationery), and I've been attacked by a dog on that very same path. Here's the StreetView of the road in question:

here

What would you do, man up and just take the abuse? I've considered taking a longer route into work, but I don't see why I should. I'm considering having a custom jersey made, with a message telling this dude to leave me alone.
Get a T-Shirt printed with "I'm not riding at 20 mph inches from pedestrians so get over it."

I only ever had one guy tell me I "should be riding on the cycle path". When I pointed out that it was in fact a pavement and illegal to ride on he backed down a bit and his argument became "Well, I just thought it would be safer for you." Yeah right. This was the "cycle path" he wanted me to ride on. This was in the winter too so it hadn't been trimmed back like in the photo :rolleyes:

Man of Honour
Move house yo :p

Myself and a friend were planning to give Ventoux a go this year but I suspect it isn't happening. I'll look at the logistics of making it in may but...it's not too likely sadly.

Associate
I only ever had one guy tell me I "should be riding on the cycle path". When I pointed out that it was in fact a pavement and illegal to ride on he backed down a bit and his argument became "Well, I just thought it would be safer for you." Yeah right.

What is the point of that 'half pavement' ? Grudas shoulders would be overhanging the road when he went to get his morning paper ;):D

Did 32 miles today and the headwind was a nightmare. I was in 34-21 at some points on the flat and making about 9/10 mph (dont laugh):eek:

Caporegime
What is the point of that 'half pavement' ? Grudas shoulders would be overhanging the road when he went to get his morning paper ;):D

Did 32 miles today and the headwind was a nightmare. I was in 34-21 at some points on the flat and making about 9/10 mph (dont laugh):eek:

I don't doubt it. The weather is saying gusts of up to 50mph in parts of the country this week, which sounds like ideal weather for staying the hell off your bike.

Soldato
I think the bike will be safely tucked away in the garage until at least Thursday by the look of things!

Glad I squeezed a ride in last night even if it was only 8 miles :p

Caporegime
I think the bike will be safely tucked away in the garage until at least Thursday by the look of things!

Glad I squeezed a ride in last night even if it was only 8 miles :p

I'm hoping to get out tomorrow night. It'll be raining, but at least the winds are fairly low.

I'm planning a metric century ride for Easter Monday but it's set to be raining again then... Ffffuuuuuuu...

Last edited:
Soldato
Lovely ride in this morning, loving my CX bike now I'm finding some detours! Almost piled into the side of a car as I caught a crosswind. But the Eastbound sections meant I was flying!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom