Joey Essex can't be that thick shirley?

Caporegime
THis might sound a bit racist but after living in Essex/East London i find it completely acceptable that young women can be "as thick as mince" but when it comes to guys like this i think it must be an act as i have never actually met one this ridiculously mentally challenged.

They make a decent career out of being pretty and DUMB on multiple levels... The world is mindblowing.

Soldato
There is a difference, Pilkington is intelligent, he just lacks common sense and the ability to think before he speaks.
Brian Belo is in the same camp as Joey Essex, genuine idiot, with zero life experience so is amazed by everything they see, both have doubtless played up to it, as it's what makes them money.

I'm in complete agreement, my point being that they both play characters.

Caporegime
The problem with people like Joey Essex is that no matter how hard you try you can't really hate them... he may be stupid, but he doesn't do anything malicious to anyone else.

Soldato
I've often wondered the same thing, OP.

I don't buy it.... It's an elaborate act IMO. The longer he keeps playing dumb, the longer his strained career will last by doing comedy panel shows like celebrity juice and 8 out of 10 cats where the host will ask him stupid questions such as 'what is the capital of England' and he will get the answer wrong and everyone will lap it up.

Yes, after watching him on tv, I agree.

Caporegime
At what cost though? The whole country thinks he's got an IQ of 12, and will forever be known as a moron.

Act or not, that's a pretty high price to pay for a living in my humble one. It's going to impact all but the closest of personal relationships, and affect everything you do.

Besides, if he is that cretinous I doubt very much that he came up with the idea to use his stupidity to earn some money all by himself. From his public image I'm pretty sure he's got a Post It note with instructions on how to breath in his wallet.

Ever hear the expression "crying all the way to the bank"? :D If I could earn £2k a night for appearing at some dodgy nightclub in some industrial wasteland town and the only cost was people thinking I was a bit thick, well you'd be able to see me at the Dudley Lust Palace this weekend.

Soldato
No I do. I am from Essex, no matter where I go and someone asks where I am from and I say Essex I am met with the following;

'Do you know Joey Essex'
'You been sugarhut'
'Totes Amazeballs'
'Reem'
'Well jel'
'Have you got a vajazzle'

Many people just assume the whole of Essex is like him.

Now I just say I am from London.

Atleast it let's me figure out the girls worth talking too pretty quickly...
That's the whole of TOWIE rather than just him

Soldato
I sadly met him doing photography for the event he was at - No he really is that thick - he wasn't on stage or in public or anything, and the venue we were at began with an 'E', so he asks genuinely 'does that mean Essex -- omg are we in Essex??' - we were in the North West and the venue was not called Essex.

I really looked at him trying to hunt for any sign if he was playing his persona or lying - there was none, at all, he is either the most talented actor on Earth, or as I think, the most stupid person ever.

Nice enough bloke though, lol, just, slow.

Soldato
He's playing a part. His part is to be stupid. That's how he earns his income. He appears on TV and acts like a thick idiot. It pays his bills. So who is really thick ? Him or the morons that watch him ?

Back
Top Bottom