New essential Android apps thread

Soldato
Damn, anyone else got any ideas? I tried making a new playlist (on my phone), adding a couple new albums to it, then pinning it to my phone.. It's there but I still don't see it if I navigate through artists or albums.. only if I go to play the playlist itself. This is driving me insane! :mad:

Soldato
:(

EDIT: I just realised that Google still have the stupid 1,000 song cap on playlists. So I wouldn't be able to fill up my OPO with one playlist anyway..

Last edited:
Soldato
Please recommend me an app to secure/log in to view emails such as GMail/outlook.

I see there are many but would appreciate user views. I believe these are example of what I will need:

Applock
smart app lock
keeper
password safe

Many thanks

Caporegime
Is it just me or has the world gone mad? I now have three different browsers installed. UC Browser did me proud with its download booster, general all round features and I had no issues with text wrapping/zooming. Then recently it became buggy which seems to be affecting other users, even today my colleague showed me her HD version on her Nexus 7 - nothing worked at all. I needed Chrome because Betfair's site wouldn't work properly in UC. Due to UC becoming unusable for me, I gave CM Browser a go, initial impressions were great but it won't wrap text automatically when zooming and Flash is completely hit and miss. There must be a browser is capable of doing all of these things (Chrome still doesn't correctly display text on OcUK for me so that's out)?.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Is it just me or has the world gone mad? I now have three different browsers installed. UC Browser did me proud with its download booster, general around features and I had no issues with text wrapping/zooming. Then recently it became buggy which seems to be affecting other users, even today my colleague showed me her HD version on her Nexus 7 - nothing worked at all. I needed Chrome because Betfair's site wouldn't work properly in UC. Due to UC becoming unusable for me, I gave CM Browser a go, initial impressions were great but it won't wrap text automatically when zooming and Flash is completely hit and miss. There must be a browser is capable of doing all of these things (Chrome still doesn't correctly display text on OcUK for me so that's out)?.

I've been an Opera user since the Symbian S60 days. However I'm still stuck using two browsers, Opera for OCUK forums as it works as intended and Chrome for anything else.

Soldato
I've been an Opera user since the Symbian S60 days. However I'm still stuck using two browsers, Opera for OCUK forums as it works as intended and Chrome for anything else.

likewise. these forums are pretty much perfect on opera mini and its just received a nice update making it look rather pretty (though its not upgradable from the old version which is odd). chrome and opera mini are the only browsers I have installed. all bases covered.

Man of Honour
likewise. these forums are pretty much perfect on opera mini and its just received a nice update making it look rather pretty (though its not upgradable from the old version which is odd). chrome and opera mini are the only browsers I have installed. all bases covered.

I just use standard opera rather then mini. I was using classic until I updated to Lollipop and it didn't support art

Soldato
I've been playing with Atlas as my browser for a while, as Webview now independently updates, and so far it's been working pretty well even though the development for the actual browser seems to have died... But it's pretty light and comes with adblocking, and is pretty stable while browsing.

Caporegime
CM is doing a UC, randomly playing up. Some times I can't open a link in the background, instead I have to use it in the active tab. Every now and then it doesn't want to save pictures.

Soldato
I wish CM had the gesture support of UC browser. Like the 2 finger swipe up to close tab, 2 finger down swipe for new tab. 2 finger side swipe to switch tabs.

Then it'd be near perfect. I've requested it.

Back
Top Bottom