Acer XB270HU - Worlds First IPS, 1440p, 144hz, Gsync

Soldato
I think this dead pixel thing is being blown out of proportion.

Nothing to blow out of proportion. Under Acer's warranty, anything under 16 dead pixels isn't seen as a problem. So they won't repair or replace.

Still waiting on OcUK to say if they actually are offering some form of On-site warranty, as Acer only give that if you pay for an extra warranty service.

Associate
Nothing to blow out of proportion. Under Acer's warranty, anything under 16 dead pixels isn't seen as a problem. So they won't repair or replace.

Still waiting on OcUK to say if they actually are offering some form of On-site warranty, as Acer only give that if you pay for an extra warranty service.

I have to agree this is very poor form on both parties.

Soldato
Dead Pixies normally show when you first get it so you could just DSR it anyway, and even if 3 did come up over the time you use it depending where they are it is fine, the thing I hate the most is backlight bleed :(

I just keep wondering how long for a UHD 144hz monitor :/ CS:GO on that is fairly doable @144hz, and I can use the UHD for everything else ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Anything under 16 pixels lol?

So if you have 15 dead/stuck pixels you're just meant to put up with it on a screen that has quite a price premium?

You can return it within the 14-days period anyway. The chances of it developing dead/stuck pixels after a week's use is pretty small.

Soldato
Wouldn't the shop cover shipping if you return all items in the order?

Not if you're returning just for just changing your mind, only if it was faulty I would imagine.

Exactly, DSR is you just doing a change of mind. You have to pay shipping back, and you lost the original shipping as well.

It's only if faulty the shipping might be reimbursed, and since Acer only see it as faulty with 16 or more pixels it seems like it could go nasty quickly. Especially since some folks are already ordering from mainland EU, and OcUK still haven't clarified if they actually have an On-site warranty deal with Acer. Or if they'll have a deal where any dead pixel results in a replacement, similar to what they're doing with the ASUS ROG SWIFT.

Back
Top Bottom