OnePlus One.

Associate
Had more problems with pocket unlocking, managed to find another setting which allows a double tap to wake the phone. It meant whenever I took a step anywhere the phone would unlock and start dialing/texting/setting alarms all over the shop!

Soldato
Had more problems with pocket unlocking, managed to find another setting which allows a double tap to wake the phone. It meant whenever I took a step anywhere the phone would unlock and start dialing/texting/setting alarms all over the shop!
Put some security on your phone? I find it amazing people are happy to have their devices open for anyone to get in and fiddle with Gmail, FB, Linkedin.. the ramifications could be very serious if someone decided to pull a 'prank' on me or worse do something vindictive!

Anyway, there is a setting in the OPO that senses if it's in a pocket :confused:

EDIT: Am I right in thinking that although having 'Ok Google' voice activation permanently on is cool, but a bit of a battery drain?

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Yes it will drain the battery a little more as it will be constantly 'listening' for the prompt.

My other half got the lolipop update on her (my old) S4 last night, I was disappointed they beat Oneplus to it, until I saw what Samsung had done to it! Fugly. :(

Dammit OnePlus hurry up with CM12s!!

Associate
Put some security on your phone? I find it amazing people are happy to have their devices open for anyone to get in and fiddle with Gmail, FB, Linkedin.. the ramifications could be very serious if someone decided to pull a 'prank' on me or worse do something vindictive!

Anyway, there is a setting in the OPO that senses if it's in a pocket :confused:

Having to type a passcode/draw a pattern every time I want to unlock my phone is a massive pain in my opinion, and my phone is always with me so I don't need to worry about someone else getting into it. I find it amazing that people have such a high probability of someone else getting their phone.

There's a setting that senses it's in a pocket, but I imagine this also introduces an extra battery drain and pressing the unlock button is the same effort as tapping the screen, I have no need for that feature.

Soldato

EDIT: Am I right in thinking that although having 'Ok Google' voice activation permanently on is cool, but a bit of a battery drain?

See, it baffles me that anyone bothers with these passkeys on their phone. Or easy to guess swipe gestures. I routinely click my phone on to check fb/email throughout the day and would not want to have to keep entering a key. In public my phone is always with me, and at a friends/home/work i am confident that nobody would do anything vindictive.

Soldato
Well my wipe key is 'fairly' simple so instead of swiping away the icon to open it up I just do that. It doesn't take up any more time or effort. Like you my phone is always within reach but you never know if you leave it on your desk at work or something. I'd rather be over-cautious to be honest, but each to their own.

Associate
Well my wipe key is 'fairly' simple so instead of swiping away the icon to open it up I just do that. It doesn't take up any more time or effort. Like you my phone is always within reach but you never know if you leave it on your desk at work or something. I'd rather be over-cautious to be honest, but each to their own.

I am over-cautious, in that I don't leave my phone lying around. We're explicitly not allowed to leave phones sitting on our desks at work. Anyone who wants to know your "wipe key" just needs to watch you unlocking your phone, unless you make a conscious effort to cover it up every time?

Soldato

Another video showing the ****ed up touch screen :mad:

Is no one else having similar problems? Starting to get a bit sick of this, and the BS attitude of the customer service people. "Wait for Lollipop"... how about give me a damn RMA?

Tempted to ditch this phone and a get a Moto G 2014, or something more "boring"...

Associate
I've never had a defective phone yet that was fixed by an OS update. Keep on at them for a refund. I don't have any issues, save for a "first touch" glitch (very first touch after waking phone is sometimes not registered) and a slight "yellow band" issue (which isn't a deal breaker) so if I was having serious problems, I'd not be expecting an OS update to fix it.

Someone told me my randomly rebooting Lumia 920 would be fixed by an update. I didn't believe them, so got an exchange which worked perfectly. I then read a number of months later the frustrated ramblings of those who's phone had NOT been fixed by the update.

Get it changed.

Soldato
Quick question, is there a way to turn notification lights off at night? Via profiles or something? I can't see it anywhere.. And those lights are pretty bright in a dark room!

Soldato
Yup, in quiet hours settings
Cool thanks. I wonder what it does when you leave it charging through quiet hours though. I assume there's a way to manually toggle quiet hours when you go to sleep, rather than having to do it on a timer.

Also, does anyone run ART? Should I be? Or just wait for L?

Back
Top Bottom