Top Gear were right about Peugeot drivers.....

Soldato
OP
That is the rule in Paris.
Scrapes snd bumps are fully accepted, a very French attitude, thus everyone drives bangers.

Parking damage does indeed happen all the time, but only because 99 times out of 100 the owner isn't around to witness it. I see bump parking most days, but I've also seen a few occasions where owners have witnessed it and gone absolutely ape**** at the culprit, with amusing results.

First thought - his wife doesn't look too bad and looks considerably younger than him, wonder how he managed that.

She was marginally less old and decrepit than he was but definitely not model material, I think you might need to raise your standards slightly. :p

Soldato
Its part of the driving test in France, if there is no space you have to push the cars out of the way to make one.

He probably thought you were a very strange foreign man ranting with a camera lol

I remember being told about this by my (Rather pretty) French teacher in the 70's

Standard practice in Paris either to "Find" a parking space or to get out of one once other people had parked touching your own bumpers.

Mind, back then cars were built to take the abuse.

Not like today where manufacturers seem to have forgotten what "Bumpers" are for!

Soldato
This unfortunate chap from piston heads would agree!

Just picked up his M3 from the garage where he had some bits painted and the brakes repaired and this happens. The driver of the peaugeot must have been texting as they had such a clear view of what was happening!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zU2m7NCvCA

For a moment there I thought the second car was going to do it too!:p

(What was in the road anyway?)

Soldato
This unfortunate chap from piston heads would agree!

Just picked up his M3 from the garage where he had some bits painted and the brakes repaired and this happens. The driver of the peaugeot must have been texting as they had such a clear view of what was happening!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zU2m7NCvCA

:mad:

I swear Thursday was "National be on your phone day". I saw so many idiots on their phone and watching their driving really does make you appreciate that mobile phones and driving simply do not go together.

Associate
I would have had a hard time not treating him to a dip in the harbour.
31c.png

Soldato
http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/...&mid=143274&nmt=How+will+this+pan+out+for+me?

YNrFj6Y.jpg

Also about 4 months ago some old sod in a 406 drove into the back of a Taxi outside the office, then reversed into the car behind and drove into the taxi again.

Saw this happen a couple of years ago in the local Sainsburys.

Old guy in a Rover 200 (Auto, I guess, from what happened)

Backed out of space and collided with the side of a passing car.

He then shot forward and hit hard the car in the opposite parking space, and then shot back really hard into the car he had first hit!

I went to help and the poor woman in the "passing" car gibbererd to me that she thought he was out to get her!

(I always reverse into parking spaces so I can see where I am going when I want to leave in order to avoid getting into this situation)

Caporegime
http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/...&mid=143274&nmt=How+will+this+pan+out+for+me?

YNrFj6Y.jpg

Also about 4 months ago some old sod in a 406 drove into the back of a Taxi outside the office, then reversed into the car behind and drove into the taxi again.

Good lord at that video. Straight clear road, car with hazards on, absolutely loads of time and space to slow down and he still manages to go into the back of him!

The Peugeot driver must have had his head in his lap or something.

Back
Top Bottom