Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Revealed

Soldato

So here's what I saw:
  • The gun-play is pulled straight from COD.
  • The drones/cameras are lame and give everything away.
  • Dead players can still use the cameras to give intel to their alive teammates, why not just give everyone wall hacks?
  • Teammates have a horrible white outline around them through walls.
  • The "4 vs 5" every time after someone dies gives away too much.
  • Heartbeat sensor... more wallhacking.

No real element of surprise in this game, no suspense.

Last edited:
Associate
I know it's an alpha and clearly nowhere near complete, but I agree, it looked pretty grim.

Hate the white-outline around all friendly players, can imagine it removing any sense of emersion. The HUD seems very cluttered, even without the "4 VS 2" spamming the screen. Also there seemed to be absolutely zero recoil on any of the guns? Not keen on the obvious outline/highlight on the grenades when they get thrown, and healing other players... after they are shot point-blank with an assault rifle. The wallhack iPad thing is naff and the little remote camera thing seem OP, i.e. capable of driving up stairs. Also what's the weird effect they have on enemy fire, it's like the bullets leave a vapor trail... they've also got the 'you are being shot from over there' indicators, which I don't think belong in a CQB. Hard to tell from the stream but the audio didn't seem great, especially when the dev didn't hear the guy walking up along side him when he was stood still.

Looks too arcadey and despite them playing on PC's, it looked console'ish.

Here's a video for anyone that missed the stream...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20Xn5Kg5LBw

Associate
Sweet..

Capture_zps8gxfyzg9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Soldato
there hasn't been any decent Rainbow Six since Red Storm studios hasn't been the lead developer. it's too bad because the old R6 were the best FPS out there with a great and active community (Autoload, Gotti etc...)

I hope I will be proven wrong, but willing to bet I am not. Ubi have managed to desecrate R6 franchise as well as Ghost Recon awhile back

my 2 cents

Soldato
It's alpha, they are trying out the gameplay, not the finished assets, it's going to look pap at this stage. Want it to turn out good? Sign up for the alpha/beta and send as much feedback as possible!

Have to say it isn't looking that appealing so far, but there's a long way to go

Associate
Both the vagas games are my favourite fps games, they were amazing fun to play online and also split-screen with family and friends so i really hope this new rainbowsix game turns out great and not just hype.

Soldato
I know it's alpha but the foundations for the gameplay are already there and they won't change imo. What you see is basically what you're going to get, it won't get a massive overhaul so the difference is never night and day, small things will change but the base game will remain the same from the alpha to release. My very first impression was CoD and not what I'd expect from a Rainbow Six game.

Will turn out to be meh and predict it will score low in the reviews.

Who can say "downgrade for the consoles" ahem watchdogs ahem lol? All together now, 1 2 3...

** Removed due to swearing **

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom