*** The Official Bloodborne Thread ***

Soldato
An for gawd sake, if this game wasn't hard enough already.. Got to bell ringers. Hate them very much so, really getting a super kicking now. Running out of talent with this game lol

Soldato
I'm getting kicked in Old Yarnham. Can't get past this bit with machine gun and the safe spot is through about 6 enemies hidden by fog.
Managed it once, killed hunter on ground, climbed ladder and hunter on top of church owned me instead. No shortcuts opened, getting to the tedious stage.
I tried the cathedral district instead but I felt way out of my depth there.

Caporegime
Played properly for the first time tonight, got to Father Gascoine and he whooped my candy ass the first time. Then:

Spent some time levelling, got the better gear, +1'ed my weapon and used multiple oil/molatov combo's on him the second time which took him down relatively easily. The main problem I had was getting cornered and stuck on the gravestones.

Awesome game though, picked up a PS4 pretty much for this and Last of Us and happy I did so!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I'm getting kicked in Old Yarnham. Can't get past this bit with machine gun and the safe spot is through about 6 enemies hidden by fog.
Managed it once, killed hunter on ground, climbed ladder and hunter on top of church owned me instead. No shortcuts opened, getting to the tedious stage.

I ignored both hunters and came back for them later :D the one on the tower was too tough for me when i was there

Associate
I had my longest ever exploring session tonight in the forbidden woods, had almost 93k blood echoes when I accidentally stumbled on the Shadow bosses, luckily after 10mins of extremely cautious fighting I put them down.

Also found a path / shortcut which led you to the locked gate right at the beginning of the game, brought everything full circle and made the game world feel very well designed.

Soldato
I had my longest ever exploring session tonight in the forbidden woods, had almost 93k blood echoes when I accidentally stumbled on the Shadow bosses, luckily after 10mins of extremely cautious fighting I put them down.

Also found a path / shortcut which led you to the locked gate right at the beginning of the game, brought everything full circle and made the game world feel very well designed.

93K?!?!? Holy hell...

If I'd lost those, I'd probably have just set the controller down, walked out of the house in a daze and woken up in a park somewhere, weeping.

Associate
I got my first Insight point via a Madman's Knowledge I found and went to the doll in Hunter's Dream, but I can't seem to level up. When I click on the doll it just says 'An abandoned doll.' How do I level up?

Soldato
So... I just found out about the resonant bell for summoning, ie. needing 10 insight to go buy it from the insight messengers.

I have 11 insight, and they're active -- but when I go to them, there are no bells available for purchase from them. Just Father Gascoigne's clothing and Pungent Blood Cocktails.

Any ideas why that is?

EDIT: N/M -- I hadn't activated the tutorial spot just next to the doll that gives you the summoning bell. Sorted. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I just beat the Witch (was easy) and am now fighting Amelia. She beat me but I think I just need a few Molotovs to help win the fight.

I think after this the only area left that will open up is the Forbidden Woods, I have reached a dead end everywhere else I can access. I'm guessing Amelia will give me the password for this.

So far I have managed with the Threaded Cane. I powered up the rifle spear, but don't like it. My 2nd weapon is the shotgun. Is there another sword style weapon I can buy/find? I notice I have some crescent shaped gemstones but they don't fit in my 2 weapons. I guess the shapes are specific to weapons or weapon classes.

rp2000

did you went to old yharman and old workshop as well?

Soldato

Just ran past that fog to stairs down in the middle and then left hehe.

don't you look any youtube walks? :)

Caporegime
If you use the madman knowledge within hunters dream to gain 1 insight, you need to leave and come back and you will be able to level then. You don't need to defeat the cleric beast to level.

I think the triggering point for me was seeing Father Gazza gave me my first insight point.

Caporegime
did you went to old yharman and old workshop as well?

Yep. Been pretty much everywhere!

Beat Amelia now and entered the woods. Somehow ended up in the unseen prison again and decided to wander around. Ran into the boss for that level and beat him as well (some big electricity guy). Will head back into the woods as killing him just led to a shortcut back to the very first lamp!!

I love how the levels are interconnected. The lack of map means you really have to know your way around and memorise shortcuts. Might farm a bit and buy a different weapon as my main weapon now requires Blood chunks to upgrade and I haven't got any of them yet.

rp2000

Soldato
Just ran past that fog to stairs down in the middle and then left hehe.

don't you look any youtube walks? :)

I did see a shortcut but really wanted to get rid of him. I'll ignore next time. At least one is dead. I don't usually watch videos but I often consult the wiki

Soldato
Eugh, recently everytime I turn this on I turn it off after 5 mins. I'm just past blood starved beast. I got ludwigs blade and it's +4 but just seems rubbish against the new enemies I'm now facing.

Back
Top Bottom