Anyone Buying, or Rebuying, Dark Souls 2 this week?

Soldato
I have already brought it twice and played through it a lot across ps3 and pc

However the changes are interesting me to a degree, maybe when im done with bloodborne?

There is an upgrade option on pc but it seems to steep imo. And if im rebuying it i may aswell get it on ps4. nice to see its not full price though atleast

Soldato
I'm a bit like you I bought it for PS3 and PC, but hardly touched the PS3 version.

Considering it but dunno if I have the time with bloodborne just now and worried about playing the two of them could just make me rubbish at both lol

Soldato
Why they decided to release this so close to bloodborne. I haven't got time or energy to play this and bloodborne.

I'll finish bloodborne first. See how I feel as Bloodborne is brutally hard. But very satisfying when you start to take down bosses ...

Soldato
I was tempted to buy it but after playing and loving Bloodborne I have a feeling I may be disappointed with DS II so I'm giving it a miss (for now).

Associate
i never bought the Dlc, this is making me wonder if i should get this or a season pass, the thought of farming brotherhood of blood again though makes me cry since this doesnt share saves

Soldato
I've never bought the game up till now, so I might just wait till this new version gets put into a Steam sale. I'm curious to play it, but don't want to pay full price.

Soldato
I'll pick it up at some point, platinumed the ps3 version but have not played any of the dlc so it's a no brained for me once I have had my fill of bloodborne :)

Soldato
I have already brought it twice and played through it a lot across ps3 and pc

However the changes are interesting me to a degree, maybe when im done with bloodborne?

There is an upgrade option on pc but it seems to steep imo. And if im rebuying it i may aswell get it on ps4. nice to see its not full price though atleast

after playing ds2 ps4 today i can't think of 1 reason to play it again, clumsy sums it up, bloodbourne is 10x better imo.

Soldato
after playing ds2 ps4 today i can't think of 1 reason to play it again, clumsy sums it up, bloodbourne is 10x better imo.

There are things it does much better though. Variety in build for a start. Stats and items wise Booobborne is quite dumbed down. There's no speedy, agility option. No slow, plate metal tank build. No magic. No hybrid combinations. Everyone's pretty much the same. Also, annoyingly, 90% + of available armour is worse than the stuff you get in the first few hours of the game - infact, I'm 10 bosses in, have shed loads of armour and the hunter gear is still the best. Having said all this - the game is awesome and I could write far more about what it does excellently :)

What this does mean tho is that there's much room for improvement. Bloodborne with the weapon/armour/items/stat options of the previous games would take things to a whole new level of greatness. Perhaps that will be Demon Souls 2?! It also means there's place for the previous games still. I can't decide which is better between the original Dark Souls, which deserves a PS4 remake far more than the sequel, and Bloodborne.

Edz

Edz

Soldato
Picked up ds2 yesterday. Can't really comment as I have only played 10 mins of it but I just wish they would remaster the other two games, especially demon souls as that is still my favourite.

Soldato
Completed DS2 on PS3 and PC, thinking of picking this up on PS4 too, but not sure if it's worth it after playing PC version with graphic/fps mods?

I'm a huge fan of the entire series (as well as bloodborne of course) so is it worth picking up again and playing through?

Anyone have the PC version and see much diff in this version? And is it a solid 60 fps?

Soldato
Mine is on the way so should arrive for me finishing up on Bloodborne. It's the worst of the 4 games but still a great game in its own right so I'm looking forward to experiencing this new version.

I've just about finished NG+ in Bloodborne and then just tackle the optional boss in the level 5 challenge dungeon and I'm done with the game until they get some dlc out etc.

Will happily play through DS2 another couple of times.

I struggle to enjoy most other game series these days which is a shame but just the way it is.

Was only £32 on Amazon which isn't a bad price at all

Soldato
Yes, it's well worth a rebuy. Graphics have been redone massively (on console at least), torches are essential for a lot of areas now and enemy placement is completely different and has way more density. Oh and there's a load of new armor/weaponry.

Back
Top Bottom