OcUK Poker Thread.

Soldato
Afternoon folks. Just a quick question. I'm a social poker player looking to up my game a little bit and take advantage of micro stakes cash games online. I'm currently reading through Mik Turner's book on low stakes poker as a bit of prep before allocating some time to actually play a few hands. Can anyone recommend any books to try alongside that, particularly those that focus on cash games as opposed to STT or MTT games?

Any help appreciated.

Also if anyone has any suggestion on which company to throw my hard earned bankroll at I'm open to it. Been a while since I dabbled in online so unsure if the landscape still looks the same, I'm sure there are new rooms I've not heard about.

Last edited:
Associate
Afternoon folks. Just a quick question. I'm a social poker player looking to up my game a little bit and take advantage of micro stakes cash games online. I'm currently reading through Mik Turner's book on low stakes poker as a bit of prep before allocating some time to actually play a few hands. Can anyone recommend any books to try alongside that, particularly those that focus on cash games as opposed to STT or MTT games?

Any help appreciated.

Also if anyone has any suggestion on which company to throw my hard earned bankroll at I'm open to it. Been a while since I dabbled in online so unsure if the landscape still looks the same, I'm sure there are new rooms I've not heard about.

If you have the time get on Twitch. Some great streams from many well respected players. Seems to be a booming are at the moment.

Jason Somerville (PokerStars Pro) has just started a 60 or 70 day everyday Stream that starts about 5pm GMT. Others I like to watch are Airdraken (UK player plays MTT's) JamieStaples (Canadian/MTT's) Komodadragonjesus (Canadian Cash 100NL)

Others of the top of my head include Gripsed, Setoverset, easywithaces..

Most will converse with you and give some advice.

#Runitup

Caporegime

Any help appreciated.

Some good advice above. :)

I haven't read that many books yet, but there's three that I really like; 'Building a Bankroll' by Pawel Nazarewicz, 'Crushing The Microstakes' by Nathan Williams, and also his follow up to that, 'Modern Small Stakes'. Good luck. :)

I should add that I found the first book by Nathan Williams, 'Crushing The Microstakes', very useful. It's only aimed at the lower end of microstakes, say around 2 - 5nl, but it really makes things straight forward to suit the common opponent at those stakes, especially 2nl. Great for mass multi-tabling.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not sure if anyone has heard, but Dave 'Devilfish' Ulliott is extremely ill battling cancer. There were reports earlier that he had passed away but these appear to be incorrect. His daughter has confirmed he is still with us but appears to be in a very poorly state.

Soldato
I'm thinking of getting back into online cash games and am looking for a new site to try out.

Years ago I played on 888, Full Tilt and then Pokerstars but am just wondering if there are any good alternatives out there with a large player base or whether those sites are the best of the bunch?

Not played online for years so any advice from active players would be much appreciated.

Don
My mate is playing the $25,000 PSPC buy in event n the Bahamas at the moment, $25m prize pot, through to day 2 of a 5 day event though not a big stack

Good bit is I get 5% of anything he wins :D

Back
Top Bottom