Assistance - Calling all Samsung EVO owners

Soldato
I'm only really noticing it when multiple apps are loading at the same time. Task manager panel filling up on boot is the most obvious.

lets hope their next fix will help with the issues.

does it take longer for the PC to finish booting?

Rab

Rab

Associate
w8 on this fix is old news now, been ages since they KNEW they needed another fix for this.
tbh, not holding my breath on this now :(

Associate
lets hope their next fix will help with the issues.

does it take longer for the PC to finish booting?

Bios splash to first desktop appearance seems to be normal, but loading all the on boot apps is where it slows noticeably. In fact it's probably takes twice as long at the moment.

Associate
I gave Samsung a reminder that it is now April, just had this reply.......

Thank you for your e-mail.
Samsung has already develped a solution for the below problem.
Soon the new firmware will be available in the newe Magician version.
Thank you.

Associate
Soon means mid to late April, which really means the absolutely very last day of April, which will probably slip to May. Then Samsung are "reminded" is is now May and we are still waiting...

And the Circle of Lies begins again.

Associate
This is just getting silly now, with the implementation time moving on wheels as time goes on. If they say that they have generated the solution for everyone out there, why dont they just release as a hot fix? The next version of the Magician Software, but no date for that being released either

Just counting myself lucky that I went and ordered a 256GB 850 Pro version, as there is no reported problems on this drive after a little reviewing

Associate
This is just getting silly now, with the implementation time moving on wheels as time goes on.

Yes, it would be good if this wasn't a problem in the first place, or it was fixed with the previous update, or the new update was made available by the end of March, as they stated.

As the "faulty" EVOs are still working, and we've got plenty of warranty left, I don't mind waiting a little while longer if it fixes the problem properly. The longer they take, the more Crucial SSDs I'm buying, and the more likely that I'll switch permanently from Samsung to Crucial.

Having said that, if we are left waiting much longer, or the next update still doesn't fix the issue, then it's time to demand that Samsung take more decisive action for their customers.

Associate
Yes, it would be good if this wasn't a problem in the first place, or it was fixed with the previous update, or the new update was made available by the end of March, as they stated.

As the "faulty" EVOs are still working, and we've got plenty of warranty left, I don't mind waiting a little while longer if it fixes the problem properly. The longer they take, the more Crucial SSDs I'm buying, and the more likely that I'll switch permanently from Samsung to Crucial.

Having said that, if we are left waiting much longer, or the next update still doesn't fix the issue, then it's time to demand that Samsung take more decisive action for their customers.

It is annoying waiting as Samsung did say March for their new fix.

Hopefully they will get it right this time? If not I will go with Crucial like you.

Soldato
Let's hope that they fix the issue with this update and firmware. I don't mind waiting as long as it fixes the issue. Would rather wait a few more weeks than th m release a update and it not fix the issue again as hopefully this is a perminant fix for the 840 evo

Associate
guys i currently have 2 500gb evos in raid0

is there anyway i can change this to raid1 . as my O/s is installed along with games.

i know best option would be to do a wipe and reinstall. but due to having a crappy 3mb/s internet connection i dont wanat to spend weeks redownloading stuff.

Also as these drives are under warranty. do we have options of RMA and request upgrade to better drives/and/or pay difference to say an m.2 drive/ evo 850

Don
^Create a new thread for that, this thread is for the issues with the drive.

Use Macrium Reflect to do what you want, take an image, save it somewhere else, then break up the raid and restore it.

Soldato
well I called scam today as I never heard back about my RMA on my 840 evo as they have had it for 2 weeks and confirmed it was faulty.

they are sending me back a 850 in its place as the 840 is at its end of life.

I returned my other 840 to PCwo**d and changed that for a 850 a few weeks ago. hope the 14th of April is the release date for the fix

Soldato
guys i currently have 2 500gb evos in raid0

is there anyway i can change this to raid1 . as my O/s is installed along with games.

i know best option would be to do a wipe and reinstall. but due to having a crappy 3mb/s internet connection i dont wanat to spend weeks redownloading stuff.

Also as these drives are under warranty. do we have options of RMA and request upgrade to better drives/and/or pay difference to say an m.2 drive/ evo 850

if you are running raid you will not be able to apply the new firmware through the magician software as this doesn't detect the drives (I had mine in raid for a short time) you will need to do the firmware update via a USB stick

Associate
well I called scam today as I never heard back about my RMA on my 840 evo as they have had it for 2 weeks and confirmed it was faulty.

they are sending me back a 850 in its place as the 840 is at its end of life.

I returned my other 840 to PCwo**d and changed that for a 850 a few weeks ago. hope the 14th of April is the release date for the fix

Were your 840's actually faulty, or were they slowing down ?

Back
Top Bottom