Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
are you using a machine or by hand?

By hand, I dont have a rotor and dont have the money for one atm,

I got some megs soft foam pads to use with the megs ultimate compound, intend to do section by section.

Just got some

Collinite 476s Super Doublecoat Wax

too

Last edited:
Associate
That clio looks lovely amos91!

Gents - I've run out of snow foam. Had been using some of the following :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370424456888?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Can anyone suggest me some better suds, for around the same money? This stuff is good but doesn't cling as long as I'd like it to.

Thankyou!

From what I have used Autobrite Magifoam clings the best. Many reviews however favour the cleaning power of something like bilt hamber snow foam (Don't forget some movement is good as it lifts away the dirt)

Soldato
That clio looks lovely amos91!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370424456888?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Can anyone suggest me some better suds, for around the same money? This stuff is good but doesn't cling as long as I'd like it to.

The best I have used so far is meguires hyperwash : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Meguiars-...038?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item51c830334e

You need far less than with other snow foams I have used, so a bottle like that lasts ages.

That being said, I am going to try something different next time regardless.

Soldato
Thankyou!

From what I have used Autobrite Magifoam clings the best. Many reviews however favour the cleaning power of something like bilt hamber snow foam (Don't forget some movement is good as it lifts away the dirt)

I fancy something that won't eat away at my LSP this time around! Damn I fancy a clio again though - friend has just got a 182 trophy and seeing yours.... I'd actually be happy washing a black one if it came out like that!

Underboss
need help guys

Just cleaned,polished,waxed the car and cleaned the wheels
not done the door shuts yet, what's the best way to do this ?

then I need to buy some tyre dressing to get the tyres back to black any suggestions? never done this before

Thanks all
time for lunch before I do the above :) (then the interior if I get time)

Soldato
need help guys

Just cleaned,polished,waxed the car and cleaned the wheels
not done the door shuts yet, what's the best way to do this ?

then I need to buy some tyre dressing to get the tyres back to black any suggestions? never done this before

Thanks all
time for lunch before I do the above :) (then the interior if I get time)

I clean the door shuts with standard shampoo, or any APC I have to hand, but generally shampoo as it leaves a slight coating.

Tyre dressing, I have tried a number of these;

Autoglym Tyre Dressing
Meguiar's Endurance High Gloss Tyre Protection Gel
Chemical Guys New Look Trim Gel
Greased Lightning Brilliant Black Deep Gloss Tyre Shine

Meguiars is extremely messy to apply and IMO doesnt last that well, CG doesnt seem to last that well either and similar application problem with it being a gel.

Autoglym doesnt give the nicest finish (of the above), but can be applied onto a wet wheel and lasts reasonably well. I've just used Greased Lightning for the first time and that definitely gives the nicest finish and went on really easy due to being a liquid rather than a gel. Yet to see how long it lasts for (Day 2). Pay your money, take your chance...

I'd probably recommend you went with Autoglym.

Underboss
Thanks Burned Alive :)

right well, all I got left to do now is the following :

Dress the Tyres
Clean the plastic trim
clean the rubber trims
interior clean
Glass

there's more than you think isn't there!!

so I need recommendations for the above please :)
as I've never done these before

Thanks all

Associate
1 more question

what's the difference between

Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber Care
and
Autoglym Bumper and Trim Gel

The first is primarily used to clean/dress interiors. The trim one is for exterior plastics (brings them 'back to black').

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3704244568...:MEBIDX:IT

Thanks

Another vote for Bilt Hamber Autofoam. Brilliant stuff. Clingy foam does not equate to cleaning power. This stuff is what many pros use because despite being a little less impressive visually, it does a far superior job. It's cheap too.

Underboss
thanks I have the trim , ill use that tomorrow then for the external plastics and rubber seals (like around the doors)

what's good for the interior then ? , I was thinking of getting the interior shampoo to do the dash ? or shall I use the vinyl and rubber care?

Soldato
Going over the car today with the da i noticed some faint lines. the car is black and so are these lines. when i run my hand and my fingernail across them i cant feel anything,

Soldato
M5 cleaned at last, been meaning to do it for a while!
Washed and one coat of AS WAX, that's all!

2015_04_08_19_20_40.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom