***The Vapers Lounge*** 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
kaptainmarc - the derringer just looks wrong with that heinous drip tip on top!! :p

I'm using the one the set came with (mini little thing) and it looks great! ;)

woah now! :p

it doesn't suit it but keeps it a nice cool vape and its the only black drip tip I have

I wanted to go all white but the white of the derringer and mech are so very different

Get the airholes on the TOBH drilled through, I did this and the airflow is much nicer.

Think im going to do this its a lovely looking RDA so I must save it some how

EDIT: just put my derringer on my sigelei it looks halarious

Last edited:
Associate
Nice bit of kit Marc :)

Also I must say about my praxis that I got the other day im absolutely loving it. It's my main mech mod now, because the voltage drop on it is so low even when the batterys have dropped off its still useable cause of how hard it hits.

Where as on say a nemesis with fresh batteries it's firing like a 4nine when the batterys dropped off.

So impressed with it, might actually splash out on a authentic one :D

Also what would hit harder a brass praxis or copper praxis? Gonna order another clone just cause of how cheep and cheerful they are.

Cheers

If you mean the lowest voltage drop you want the fewest connections possible, if its between those two then I would go with the copper with silver plated contacts(if you can get them) and keep it clean.

This is the hardest hitter I've ever owned, but you can't have one :p

e8lj.jpg

Soldato
@UKTweak...

Do you think it's possible to fit a sx mini J board into the cloudpour?

I started my mod last night, my iron broke on me so I'm borrowing one from work and finishing it this weekend. :)

The sx mini j board is 1mm not Inc the fire button, plus the usb port is fitted to the board at a 90 degree angle and the chip is over 16 mm thick from screen to back, so it won't fit the cloupor mini box I'm afraid.

Soldato
Ugh... I'm throwing my toys out of the pram! This DNA 25 board is a pain in the backside to work with. I just can't get solder to hold on certain connections!

It doesn't help that my temperature control iron broke last night and won't reach temperature... So I've borrowed an iron from work that looks like it's come from the 60s...

Soldato
Well, ice blast from onepoundeliquids isn't bad at all, if I get through the rest of the bottle without issue I'll stock up on it!

Going to try my first rda on Monday as I have the week off, my prefered B&M has, what I presume to be, a large number of clones, though they don't have a website and am making educated guesses from their face book page, as most say 'style' after them e.g. mutation x style.

So what 'style' should I be looking out for as someone new to an rda?

Soldato
Decided iv added a copper praxis to the wish list, just waiting till pay day. don't even have 20 bar in the bank to order cheap mods from fast tech, bad times :o

Does any one know the amp limit on the Panasonic NCR18650B 3400mAh 3.7v batteries? I cant find any info at all.

There the highest mah batteries I can find, and if there etleast 20A continuous (which I doubt) but if there pulse is 20A etleast, might get some of these for long life mods, two of them bad boys, 6800mah, that's some hell of vaping time there!

Soldato
Just got the subtank mini and istick 50w and seems to be popping and awful lot, tried the supplied .5 and 1.2ohm heads and stuck the RBA head with the supplied coil and cotton and it'sstill bad, at anything over 10w, is it due to the juice, only tried some dekang and VIP ejuice so far, happy with the heat and flow just the anoying popping? The vape and flavour is much better on the RBA though.

Any recommend juice brands?

Last edited:
Soldato
Just got the subtank mini and istick 50w and seems to be popping and awful lot, tried the supplied .5 and 1.2ohm heads and stuck the RBA head with the supplied coil and cotton and it'sstill bad, at anything over 10w, is it due to the juice, only tried some dekang and VIP ejuice so far, happy with the heat and flow just the anoying popping? The vape and flavour is much better on the RBA though.

Any recommend juice brands?

It's normal... Try setting your watts higher and breath into the tank before just before pressing the button and then breath in a few seconds after pressing the button.

Soldato
Well after days, actually 2 weeks of vaping at a nice steady 0.2-0.3ohms, Iv just built another crazy 0.1 ohm coil :o

Now that I realise how much I miss the huge clouds and warm vapour, I just had a vape on a 0.2ohm coil, and the difference is so noticeable its crazy, the 0.2ohm feels like fresh air to the throat.

Now im back in the mood to chuck clouds, but that means only one thing, now ill be for ever swapping batteries again, argh! not to mention 3 draws and its outta juice and scorching hot, at 0.2 ohms, you get a good 7-8 pulls.

Mehhhhhhhh cant win. cannot win one bit

Soldato
Decided iv added a copper praxis to the wish list, just waiting till pay day. don't even have 20 bar in the bank to order cheap mods from fast tech, bad times :o

Does any one know the amp limit on the Panasonic NCR18650B 3400mAh 3.7v batteries? I cant find any info at all.

There the highest mah batteries I can find, and if there etleast 20A continuous (which I doubt) but if there pulse is 20A etleast, might get some of these for long life mods, two of them bad boys, 6800mah, that's some hell of vaping time there!

Had a couple of them in the past. Pretty sure they are a 10A MAX. I think you would have to be mad to go much below 1 ohm with them personally. Maybe 0.7 at a push. Certainly no lower. If you're looking for sub-ohming, get a quality battery like Torchys VTC4's.

Soldato
I got mention on todd's vlog this week... :D
Well that's my 2 seconds of vape fame over with...

EDIT: My DNA 25 chip has gone up in smoke!
might sound like sour grapes but I'm really not bothered, it was quite the learning experience. It was all working until I popped on the wiring for the control buttons, up and down wouldn't work on either the wires or the on board controls. Fire button was fine, so I went over the wires again pop a battery in and poof smoke.. tired the micro usb port.. no power.. tired the battery again, same; smoke! It's getting bined.

In the past few days,
My soldering skills have gone down hill, I used to fix laptops for a living and would fix PCBs for laptops and PCs and would solder 3/4 times week, even in my previous job, I would have to solder something once or twice a month. I've don't solder in over two years, may be I'm better at fixing than making. lol

Evolv's recommended AWG for the wiring don't work, they don't fit in the holes specially after tinning the ends, I would suggest using their minimum AWG suggestions, rather than the recommended AWG.

I have learn that I much prefer the Yihi chips than the DNA chips. Specially the sx350j over the DNA40. I will get a new soldering iron and the yihi sx350j at some point. The cables are pre-solder on the the board. I can fully understand why many mod makers are shying away from DNAs and moving to yihi chips.

Last edited:
Soldato
The wires for the dna are a pita, but the recommended will fit it you twist and lightly tin them first, my last mod was made with the recommended awg, but using the minimum is far easier I admit, that's what I used on my cloupor mini Mk2.
Sorry to hear yours has gone up in smoke, you must have had a solder contact between the buttons, those tiny solder points are so damn close together it's not funny.
modmaker is now stocking the sx350 j boards if you want temp control and an sx chip pre wired.

Soldato
Just bought some halycon haze Venus in vapes, lovely flavour but the aniseed taste is a little stronger than in the shop. Has anyone tried it?

Coupled with a triple twisted .3 8 wrap coil and .75 ohms, 6.5V.

Soldato
The wires for the dna are a pita, but the recommended will fit it you twist and lightly tin them first, my last mod was made with the recommended awg, but using the minimum is far easier I admit, that's what I used on my cloupor mini Mk2.
Sorry to hear yours has gone up in smoke, you must have had a solder contact between the buttons, those tiny solder points are so damn close together it's not funny.
modmaker is now stocking the sx350 j boards if you want temp control and an sx chip pre wired.

The board is quite forgiving, I'm tempted just to buy another one to prove a point lol, £30 pounds; the price of a mass produced atty. I was using silver multi strand cable, tried all the 'tricks' like twisting, tinning the ends, tinning the connector whole.. I eventually went **** it and used the wire that came in the case it and it went on very smoothly. Just thinking now, I have pins that I could have pushed in and soldier to that, nm.

I have a little think and then decided what to do next.. Looks like I've brought the last hana clone box in the world. Lol

Soldato
Well if it were me, I would try again, sure I broke the screen on my first dna attempt and look what i have now, my cloupor box and dual 18650 Hammond are all I use now and I love them both.
which reminds me, I must put my VF up for sale, it's going to waste...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom