***The Official LG Optimus G2 Thread***

Soldato
Got then32gb version for £210 with potentially £20 cashback coming if it tracks, so not too bad a deal I think - I prefer to stay away from ebay for phones!

It's amazing, so much better than the moto g.

Also...3hrs solid screen on web browsing, 24 hrs off charge and it's still om 40%. The battery is insane. It only goes down about 1% overnight while I sleep somehow, madness!

Soldato
3 hours? i have never seen anything less than 5 hours

I think most people get at least 5hrs SOT with this phone. It really is fantastic.

Pah, this is my second handset too, as I had a warranty replacement on my first. Both similarly mediocre/poor battery life.

Unless you guys are solely on wifi, have great signal all the time and use at 20% brightness? But I doubt it.

Anyway, has anyone else had 5.0 OTA yet? I'm on 3 and get a message saying "Could not connect to Update-server. Please check network connection and try again."

This is while I do indeed have a good H+ connection and I normally get something like "You are updated to the latest software for this os version"

Soldato
Where from? Looking at getting one for the wife? Thanks :)

Rakuten-Expansys... was a bit suspicious but it was shipped next day with 24hrs courier, so not bad for the free shipping option! There was a 15% off code which looks like it's expired, and they were doing 10% on topcashback, which made it a fair what cheaper than the advertised £250!

As it's 32gb it's the EU version, apparently this doesn't work with tesco..

Soldato
Anyway, has anyone else had 5.0 OTA yet? I'm on 3 and get a message saying "Could not connect to Update-server. Please check network connection and try again.

no one apart from Vodafone units in few European countries has had OTA yet. (disregarding Korea and such)

Man of Honour
Rakuten-Expansys... was a bit suspicious but it was shipped next day with 24hrs courier, so not bad for the free shipping option! There was a 15% off code which looks like it's expired, and they were doing 10% on topcashback, which made it a fair what cheaper than the advertised £250!

As it's 32gb it's the EU version, apparently this doesn't work with tesco..

Just ordered the 32GB version from the german rainforest for the wife, will be a nice upgrade from the moto g, will be here next week :)

Mobster
Soldato
Amazon.de was a good choice mate. Two-year warranty from Amazon themselves, where they'll send you a replacement if anything goes wrong.

You'll have to pay to send it to Germany but they'll refund any costs.

Interesting that .de has a two year Amazon warranty whereas .co.uk only has one (I know officially that's wrong but that's what .co.uk will say unless you argue).

Man of Honour
Amazon.de was a good choice mate. Two-year warranty from Amazon themselves, where they'll send you a replacement if anything goes wrong.

You'll have to pay to send it to Germany but they'll refund any costs.

Interesting that .de has a two year Amazon warranty whereas .co.uk only has one (I know officially that's wrong but that's what .co.uk will say unless you argue).

Cool :)

Where did you get the information about the 2yr warranty with Amazon?

Back
Top Bottom