MOT Advisories - Anything serious ?

Associate
My brother recently bought a crappy little 2001 Saxo as a stop gap car, it has a full years MOT on it, but with some advisories. Do any of these look serious, or expensive to fix ? If the car keeps going for a few months, he would be happy, but would just like some peace of mind really that its good to go for a while.

img_1643ynkuh.jpg

Oh, it also has some bling bling ye bruv fat alloys on it, with big thicker tyres, which makes things a pain when turning at slow speeds as the car has no power steering. Does anyone know what bog standard metal wheels a 2001 Citroen Saxo First 1.1 should have, and tyre size ? Would help with turning if he could do swap to these.

Jay

Jay

Associate
I would have no trouble driving that. If it has passed the MOT - it is safe.

Some testers mark EVERYTHING they see that is not as in "new" condition as advisory (usually off the back of an inspection)

You could take same car to another tester down the road and get zero advisories

Soldato
Will be fine, may notice some knocks/rattles (but hey it's french) and it'll probably wallow about a bit - but if it's only a stop gap for a few months I wouldn't touch any of the above.

If he intends to keep it though it's worth refreshing them

Associate
asked my mechanic about advisories on a past car.. he said its not an issue and is safe to drive, they just put things down to cover themselves in case of vosa inspection

Soldato
My Mondeo had advisories on the rear pads & discs on the MOT that was done the day before I bought it along with a blowing exhaust, the exhaust I changed 64000 miles later when it actually started blowing, the rear discs & pads are still fine.

Back
Top Bottom