GTA V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
That isn't down to people pressuring them, the government in those countries decided to roll out high speed internet wherever they could.

Writing a letter to BT complaining how you can't get fibre is likely going to do nothing, they aren't going to go to the expense of rolling it out just for you.

Soldato
That isn't down to people pressuring them, the government in those countries decided to roll out high speed internet wherever they could.

Writing a letter to BT complaining how you can't get fibre is likely going to do nothing, they aren't going to go to the expense of rolling it out just for you.

Indeed, unlike most countries in Europe here in the UK the infrastructure is privately owned and where high speed internet is rolled out to all relies on the profit they can make from said area.

Soldato
You can't just blame the ISP's for that, if people put more pressure on them then you'd have better speeds, other countries just as big or bigger with smaller population densities are the proof of that, for example France and Sweden has faster net access than the UK... Hell even Romania does.

But I'm getting offtopic I guess, maybe start a different thread to continue this discussion ?

Don't bother. There aren't words to describe the utter spew you are coming out with.

Associate
Do we know if the files will be the same from both Steam and R*Social.

A friend used my PC to download his Steam GTA V so I have all the files in the depotcache, I meanwhile have a R* Key but have not attempted to download yet.

Potentially once the files decrypt I could just copy them accross to the directory R* client would install them to right?

Soldato
Potentially once the files decrypt I could just copy them accross to the directory R* client would install them to right?

Unless you log into steam with an account that has purchased GTAV then the depotcache wont get unencrypted.

And im pretty sure the Steam version will require steam to run as it has several steamworks features implemented.

Soldato
Do we know if the files will be the same from both Steam and R*Social.

A friend used my PC to download his Steam GTA V so I have all the files in the depotcache, I meanwhile have a R* Key but have not attempted to download yet.

Wouldn't have thought so. Steam can only decrypt em not rs dler.

Soldato
I was wondering can I play the SP without internet? I have the files downloaded on Steam, could I simply verify and decrypt the files with an internet connection, then move my PC to where I have no internet and play SP without having to login to the Social club e.t.c.?

Man of Honour
I was wondering can I play the SP without internet? I have the files downloaded on Steam, could I simply verify and decrypt the files with an internet connection, then move my PC to where I have no internet and play SP without having to login to the Social club e.t.c.?

id like to know this as well, might be moving in the next month or two which could leave me with no inet connection for a few days, maybe a week or so

Soldato
Nope as if u read the small print it has periodic checks etc so basically u need the net to play sp. Could be wrong but I don't think I am. Steams offline mode on not sure will work either as you need rssc to login and play I think. Be nice if u could play offline tho if u needed to.

Edit

From steam
Installation and online play requires log-in to Rockstar Games Social Club (13+) network; internet connection required for activation, online play, and periodic entitlement verification; software installations required including Rockstar Games Social Club platform,

So maybe u can play offline after all?

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone here on a slow internet connection? :p

I'm assuming some people will be leaving their PC's on overnight.

Some others complained about download speeds before, because on 10 or 20 mb connections still, but yeah, spam R* support for their rubbish servers, not OcUK, the game is downloadable in 35 mins with a decent connection from steam, and similar off torrents, so there's no problem...

Or be more patient. Or pay extra for decent speed, it's a simple choice really.

It's a simple thing really, I don't understand how a pc enthusiast can be on a sub 50 mbit connection anyhow... Even my mother has faster internet than that.

Hell, my mobile phone has a 50mbit 4G connection, then anything under that isn't acceptable for a home cable/fiber connection if you're a pc enthusiast imho.
You can afford a high end gaming pc, but can't be bothered to shell out enough to enter 2015 and get 100/200/500 mbit internet ?

Of course I don't have much positive to say about the R* servers, it is indeed a disgrace, but it was to be expected.

Make more noise to the telecom providers then, 1.5 mbit, geez, thats the speed I had in 2002. It's 2015 now, most of the nation should have 4g cover, and at least 50+ mbit from the wall... Make some noise for fast internet for everyone so we can finally dump all the optical media from PC gaming :). If people would massively opt for fast internet everywhere, it'd be rolled out in no time. But people apparently don't care enough or don't want to pay for it which is a choice. The telecom providers have enough means to make it happen...

//And yes, R* are also a disgrace, I know, but, you get what you pay for.

That's also your own fault, for me it's a hard requirement, the next home I move into has to have KPN fiber avaiable so I can get 500 mbit :).

You can't just blame the ISP's for that, if people put more pressure on them then you'd have better speeds, other countries just as big or bigger with smaller population densities are the proof of that, for example France and Sweden has faster net access than the UK... Hell even Romania does.

But I'm getting offtopic I guess, maybe start a different thread to continue this discussion ?

Do you know anything about the UK's current state on Internet? I guess not, fantastic you live in a country were they've upgraded the infrastructure to support such high speeds however the UK is different.

The nation has cried out for faster internet for years and slowly it's being rolled out but the majority won't see this upgrade. Do you spend millions on infrastructure to supply faster internet to small towns and villages or densely populated cities? Even London has its blackspots for slow interent.

Where Benny lives he has a population of under a thousand, it's remarkable he has ADSL+2 at all and even more surprising is Wales is undergoing a massive upgrade to FTTC. But I guess that's our fault we didn't ask for it sooner.

Take five minutes to research on the current situation with the UK and you'll soon realise how ignorant you have come across.

Soldato
id like to know this as well, might be moving in the next month or two which could leave me with no inet connection for a few days, maybe a week or so

I cant say for sure but just tried max payne 3 with no internet connection because it uses rockstar social club in-game to and it works fine.

As the game loads up it it just pops up and says "Finners Signed in (Offline)" and I can continue my game as normal.

So hopefully GTA V will be the same.

Soldato
I did ask this a while back but had no reply :( WWhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaa

There seems to have been an update to the files that are being downloaded for the pre-load.

I downloaded mine from steam as soon as it went live *blows on finger nails* 3 hours....

Since then the file download seems to have gotten bigger.

Will steam update on the evening of go live or will they update before?

Man of Honour
I cant say for sure but just tried max payne 3 with no internet connection because it uses rockstar social club in-game to and it works fine.

As the game loads up it it just pops up and says "Finners Signed in (Offline)" and I can continue my game as normal.

So hopefully GTA V will be the same.

thanks for that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom