Multirotor, multicopter and quadcopter discussion - The Drone thread

Soldato
For things like racing great. If they are on about weaoponising the quads this is just going give the media something to talk about

But I guess how is it any different from people strapping weapons on to rc planes and dogfighting

Still should be something to watch

Last edited:
Soldato
I like the look of those more than the phantom, the black goes well, and the design nice.

However I would prefer a build your own version of something like this.

Think my next two purchases are...

cloverleaf antenna, variometer and then need to try and get a battery monitor module

Other DIY plans are making a foam enclosure for my FPV camera and some of the FPV modules, to make it neater, much more stable and easier to change between models.

Last edited:
Soldato
Does anyone's naze32 use the big block (breakout cable) that you can order. or do people just use the red/white/black wires only?

My naze's 3 row pinouts, I am hiding a bunch of breakout wires that are from the same block, underneath the naze mount, I am wondering do people just unclip these from the block? as I guess they are unneeded?

see here for a image showing you

250update23.jpg

Soldato
Nah just dead weight. It's for "old skool" PWM RXs :)

Cool, I will get it replaced with a servo cable then to save and re-use the space under the FC mount.

Looking to purchase these for my 450, do you know if these £1.73 battery voltage modules work ok? and do the job compared to the £10 ones?

http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbykin...y_Voltage_Sensor_FrSky_Telemetry_System_.html

Also looking at getting the normal precision variometer -

http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbykin...r_w_Smart_Port_Normal_Precision_Version_.html

I was planning on building a 300 quad, but may put this on hold, just posted in the RC planes thread and looking at a reasonable trainer/medium skill wing model, looking at the Bixler, if any of you have experience with this please head over to the thread :)

Last edited:
Associate
No experience of the Bixler but was considering the same. The Bixler is actually a big (ok medium) bird, and you will probably have to go join a local club if you don't have a suitable field to fly it in. Alternatively have you had a look at the E-Flite UMX Micro Radian? It's probably small and innofensive enough to fly in an (empty) park.

I built a Flite-Test Versa, but I need to change the motor to something more powerful (it's a heavy one and didnt take off :). Must admit really enjoyed the build process, but it's sat unused since as the spare time I get to fly end up with the quad so not sure I'll be taking up another RC stream yet (FPV buggy's sound fun though!).

Have a look at some of the smaller Flite-Test foamboard trainers, I'm pretty sure they have the plans for a cub size plane which looks fun. It costs next to nothing to buy, you just need time and patience to build it but I built most of my versa in a weekend.

Is there a general RC thread on OCUK? Otherwise we should rename this one to Multirotor, Cars and Fixed Wing RC? :)

Soldato
There is an RC plane thread which I posted the bixler questions in, check it out.

I have some big fields I can go to to fly, one of which iv been using for the quads, I have two sites plus I could go to more which have really big fields, made up of like 4-5 football pitches and 4-5 rugby pitches around the same area not always occupied, it so shouldnt be too much of an issue. I would prefer the bixler over smaller models as they are better perfomers, and better for FPV. It looks like a great all rounder. Check out the other thread for planes

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18362947

Last edited:
Associate
Ah you are in luck then, I only have public parks but the local flying club is pretty friendly, they even invited me to bring my quad along for a day. The Bixler does seem like a flexible plane and cheap too.

Thanks for the link been looking for that for a while.

Back
Top Bottom