***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

Soldato
Why is it that youtube video's relating to GTA V seems to be mainly "how to get 1000000 dollars" or some other cheap glitch or cheat?.

I used to use all the cheat codes when I played GTA as a teenager fair enough, now in my mid twenties I value the time I spend on games much more, opting for a 'purer' experience. PC MASTER RACE?

I think because Ive played a lot of mmo's in the past 5-10 years I am expecting GTA to be similar? How much has it evolved from the GTA3/Vice city days? Is there a 'endgame' as such?
Mainly because actually earning money on GTAO is very tedious and the vast majority of you lot will blow most of your cash on a apartment that folks camp outside (me outside halfmads :p) and insurance payouts from blowing up other player's insured cars :)

Soldato
il spam this again incase anyone is still looking to buy from GMG..
you can get some Cashback if you use TCB http://www.topcashback.co.uk/green-man-gaming/
5% if you havnt used GMG before, 2% if you have, they might not pay out if you use a discount code but its worth a try
Quidco are offering the same cashback rate as well

GMG is very reliable for cash back, tracks within minutes and never failed for me even though I always use a discount code.

Associate
I was asking same question too. Hope not we don't run out of space

You need the space, apparently not having it can corrupt the encrypted files and you definitely don't want that.

I'm installing to my HDD for now, once on there I can then move the GTA5 folder over to my SSD Steamapps folder, uninstall game in Steam (but first copying to another location just in case) and then reinstall game in Steam; Steam will find most/all the files in the SSD Steamapps folder and will be good to go as if it was installed on the SSD from the outset.

You definitely do need double the space on the drive to install an encrypted game to the same drive (if you can even chose where to install from encrypted - never had this problem until now)

Soldato
I ordered from Nuvvurum on the 9th April but keys were scheduled for today eager to pre load I just checked and my key was waiting for me.

I believe the Pre Order bonus isn't guaranteed anymore but is still a possibility when ordering from them.

Now let's make room on my SSD and enjoy a 60 odd GB download at 1.8/2MB per second :D (lol couldn't resist)

Caporegime
Now let's make room on my SSD and enjoy a 60 odd GB download at 1.8/2MB per second :D (lol couldn't resist)

Was just clearing my ssd
GEEm2dB.jpg

I think I need to buy a new one lol :(

I don't game much so never really bothered me as most games are only 20-30gb.
Anyone know how to move the rockstar gta v preload to another hd. Just realised it downloaded to my c drive not my ssd :(

use steammover works for non steam games too.

Last edited:
Associate
You need the space, apparently not having it can corrupt the encrypted files and you definitely don't want that.

I'm installing to my HDD for now, once on there I can then move the GTA5 folder over to my SSD Steamapps folder, uninstall game in Steam (but first copying to another location just in case) and then reinstall game in Steam; Steam will find most/all the files in the SSD Steamapps folder and will be good to go as if it was installed on the SSD from the outset.

You definitely do need double the space on the drive to install an encrypted game to the same drive (if you can even chose where to install from encrypted - never had this problem until now)

Nice one, thank you!
Gives me enough time to find out what's taking all the space on my SSD and exterminate it!

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Can we change the crew logo to one of the newer ones that SegaMegaDave etc. has done? They look so much better! :D

Associate
I'm not in a rush to play this considering the servers are going to get a hammering around midnight and i don't want to be up late playing a video when i have work the next morning, if i was still in my youth i would have no problem doing this but not any more i would rather have a good nights sleep then feel crap for work the next day impacting my work quality, yeah yeah i know i am being a jesse.

Soldato
My fibre FTTC has dropped from 26MB (Which was stable for months and months) to 15MB and for the life of me I can't be bothed to enquire about it to BT.

Currently downloading at between 1.7-2MB per second 9 hours 40 minutes left (Had to wait until today for my pre load key as they ran out of keys small price to pay for a late pre order and for £21 also received the pre order bonus :D) Will this be live to launch at midnight? (Not that my download will have finished)

Edit: 22KB/PS - Guessing the servers are getting REKT but a quick pause and resume has sorted it hope this won't be required through out the download and was a one off.

Last edited:
Soldato
I was going to buy it before the release date but have decided to wait for two reasons:

1) To gather the opinions/reviews from others first before playing it
2) To await the price drop few months down the line.

Not rushing it ;)

Back
Top Bottom