***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

Soldato
How well does the game scale with crossfire at the no? I feel my 3GB 7970 might struggle and bunging a second hand second one in seems a pretty cost effective upgrade.

Edit, saw a few posts above! What sort of frames/ settings for 7970cf?

Soldato
I had no intention of buying this as I swore I was done with buying games on our around release day. But, it appears that R* have nailed it?

Yeah, I think it's fair to say they have.

It is just stunning.

I know there were lot's of views about how poor GTA IV was on release. This is the complete opposite.

If you get it now, you won't regret it...

Soldato
Reports from other sites is that SLI scaling is exceptional.

I have seen 2x 980s running at 97-100% usage and there's a 5k screenshot doing the rounds with 4x Titan X in the high 90s.

Apparently a very good port indeed and you can expect good results with any setup.
Brilliant. I got sli 980gtx. Great news.
The 980s were running 1440p with most things maxed and a solid 60fps at 1440p.

Associate
Rockstar did a pretty good job with the launch too. Considering hundreds of thousands of people were connecting and downloading patches at the same time the servers held out for the most part and I was in game within the hour of release. I expected to not even be able to log in but they managed it. Sure the downloads were a bit slow, but I'd take slow over no downloads at all!

Underboss
OP
Morning all, on my 3rd large coffee! Bit sleepy at the moment.

I had everything maxxed last night, with vsync on and the frame kept to a solid 60fps. This is with a SC 780. Game looks beautiful and play buttery smooth.

A fantastic port, shame all those "it will be a rubbish port" chaps have gone back to their closets isn't it. :)

Associate
How well does the game scale with crossfire at the no? I feel my 3GB 7970 might struggle and bunging a second hand second one in seems a pretty cost effective upgrade.

Edit, saw a few posts above! What sort of frames/ settings for 7970cf?

I only managed to get a few mins in this morning before work and didn't check my actual fps but the game is definitely running above 60fps and no drops on high settings on a 7990 1080 I feel I could definitely up the settings as well.

Soldato
Managed to sort out the custom music and now listing to the red hot chilli pepper while cruising :D..
This game runs at between 50-60 fps for me maxed out but dips to about 30-40 when theres a lot of grass...but holy hell! the density of the grass is amazing... its like modded skyrim on drugs lol... looks beautiful.

76aMRoZ.jpg

D51FHNH.jpg

Soldato
Do you guys think i can run this on atleast high or higher at 1080/60fps with my laptop? if so im gonna sell my ps4 version and buy it:-

Intel Core I7 4810 @ 3.4ghz
16gb ram
Nvidia Geforce GTX880m 8GB Vram
Samsung SSD

Thanks.

I'm using a 4700HQ and 4GB 780M (same as 880m) and it runs perfect at 1080p with all the settings turned up.

Soldato
Morning all, on my 3rd large coffee! Bit sleepy at the moment.

I had everything maxxed last night, with vsync on and the frame kept to a solid 60fps. This is with a SC 780. Game looks beautiful and play buttery smooth.

A fantastic port, shame all those "it will be a rubbish port" chaps have gone back to their closets isn't it. :)

To be fair rockstar did royally **** up with GTA IV. The fact that GTA V runs better than IV which has had all sorts of patches to fix problems/issues is amazing.

Also if I remember correctly San Andreas didn't run amazing on most systems (apart from the high end high rollers) back in the day.

Soldato
Its working for me at last! Get between 50 and 60 FPS on a 7950. Drops down to 30 when there is a cut scene dialogue which is strange. Overall it plays and looks very good on a 7950

EDIT: I haven't played a GTA game in a while and with this im terrible at driving!

Underboss
OP
The rage last night on the TS was brilliant "353mb done...it's bloody started again....jesus christ"

Much hate was directed towards kiwi from me! I blame you for putting me 10mins behind everyone else :)

Back
Top Bottom