Why are there still laptops with 720p TN displays?

Associate
I went to PCWorld retail stores in London and I was puzzled by how many laptops have 720p display TN Panels. If a smartphone with 5 inch display had 720p TN Panel display, it would get bad review. Yet, there are still laptops with 15 inch TN Panel displays. The screens look awful and very pixelated. Any thoughts?

Permabanned
I went to PCWorld retail stores in London and I was puzzled by how many laptops have 720p display TN Panels. If a smartphone with 5 inch display had 720p TN Panel display, it would get bad review. Yet, there are still laptops with 15 inch TN Panel displays. The screens look awful and very pixelated. Any thoughts?

Who knows, but some people just dont seem to mind the low resolution, certainly techy people would be horrified at anything sub-FHD. But I think 720p can look okay in some circumstances, and if it lets the consumer choose a super low-budget laptop then I guess why not. 1366x768 is the really weird one.. even though it's a higher res I'd always opt for 720p over 768p or whatever thats called.

Soldato
I don't think you do get 720p laptops, I think the OP means 1366x768 which is an abortion of a resolution for a laptop. Should be banned. Pointless. Only have it so they can nickel and dime you for an upgrade to FHD.

Caporegime
It's because idiots mean there's a market for a 15" 1366x768 £350 laptops built like crap with an average lifespan measured in months.

Soldato
It's because idiots mean there's a market for a 15" 1366x768 £350 laptops built like crap with an average lifespan measured in months.

This is the issue. Then people go out and buy Macbook Pros for ££££ because all they know is every 15" Windows laptop they see is terrible, ignoring the fact they all cost <£400 and there's actually very nice ones spending just a little more..

Back
Top Bottom