Debadge?

Soldato
If u mean de badging just the XJ bit then yes I would will look cleaner. But keep the Jaguar badge on.
I opened this thread expecting to see someone hoping to de badge a 318d in the hopes that people will think it's a 335 super M Sport :D it's normally people with poverty spec 3 series/A3's that de badge just to make there German whip look a little more exclusive. :p

Nono u don't debadge m8 but rebadge your car to turn it into a m sport ;)

Man of Honour
The modern XJ looks like a sack of cack compared to the X350. No style. At least if you keep the XJ letters people will know what you're driving, rather than thinking it's another dull XF.

They took a car that stands out and made it blend in. Idiots.

Soldato
OP
I was following one the other day and thought it looked very stylish compared to the X350. Both the exterior and for certain the interior.

How old are you? If you're older it may just not appeal to you?

Soldato
I dislike the rear on the new XJ. Yes the interior and even the overall shape is nicer but the X350 has a nicer rear.

For the record I think you should add the engine designation on the right, anything to break up the vast expanse of nothingness.

Soldato
The modern XJ looks like a sack of cack compared to the X350. No style. At least if you keep the XJ letters people will know what you're driving, rather than thinking it's another dull XF.

They took a car that stands out and made it blend in. Idiots.

I like them both tbh. The X350 is more classic, but eventually they had to come up with something new instead of rehashing the same design over and over again. My only complaint with the new XJ is that the interior, whilst much better quality than the X350, feels rather claustrophobic - you don't get the feeling of space around you that you get with the X350.

Soldato
I love both the X350 and new XJ. My dad traded this in for like £14k. I wish I had it. :(

DSC_0009-1.jpg

DSC_0006-1.jpg

DSC_0057.jpg

Soldato
When depends, when I was younger I used to remove all badges, now depends of the case, probably if the car was silver with a silver badge I wouldn't remove... in your case I think I would remove or paint it with black plastdip

Caporegime
I have a mate with a late e34 M5, he's removed the M5 badge from the boot lid and replaced it with "538i" made up from chopped up BMW badges, why he's done this I'm not sure never mind if it's classed as rebadge, de badge bodge badge or what!

Personally, I've never debadged and wouldn't want to, glad the op's kept it oem.

Man of Honour
I was following one the other day and thought it looked very stylish compared to the X350. Both the exterior and for certain the interior.

How old are you? If you're older it may just not appeal to you?

Don't be daft, age has nowt to do with it. I prefer the look of the latest Mercedes to the older ones, and I also think that although all Vauxhalls are rubbish, the newer ones look better.

What 'Jaguar' did circa 2009 though, was take a stylish range and make them look generic. The saloons don't stand out anymore.

Back
Top Bottom