Poll: General election voting poll round 3

Voting intentions in the General Election?

• Alliance Party of Northern Ireland

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Conservative

Votes: 286 40.5%
  • Democratic Unionist Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green Party

Votes: 56 7.9%
  • Labour

Votes: 122 17.3%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 33 4.7%
  • Not voting/will spoil ballot

Votes: 38 5.4%
  • Other party (not named)

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Respect Party

• Scottish National Party

Votes: 29 4.1%
  • Social Democratic and Labour Party

• Sinn Fein

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • UKIP

Votes: 129 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Ed is impressing me here, taking on Sturgeon.

She destroyed him, utterly.
I could happily vote snp here in norn iron to get rid of our shower of ****s, even though I don't agree with several of their policies.

Odd debate, ed had a good spell in the middle of the debate, then he fell asunder, lost his way, started looking down and away with exasperated expression instead of rebutting comments made against him.

His i believes and i thinks, and people say to me, all reeks of crap, alongside his continual when i am prime minister, yes ed, when.

-ooh i didnt comment on his debate me, debate me, bs at the end, there is no debate, stop begging, it doesnt make you look big and clever to give another soundbyte for the next three weeks.

Soldato
[RXP]Andy;27922657 said:
Now that’s a scary thought Labour, SNP, Greens and the Plaid Cymru in government.

It's would be 5 years of left-wing hell

Sturgeon was practically on her knees begging Ed to let her give him a blow job!!

Soldato
Well said, how do you explain to the population issues such as MegaVARS, line capitance, inductive load and system inertia. People are unwilling to educate themselves on the issues regarding renewable power and in particular the very large costs associated with our obsession with gerating and ever increasing proportion of our energy from it.

And also the high cost for building just one single turbine.

Soldato
This is an example of an uneducated rant I'm afraid. You couldn't be more wrong about the relative cost of renewables and the waste produced by the current generation of new nuclear reactors. Can I ask where you got your information from?

For information:

Actual Costs of Electricity ($/MWh for plants entering service in 2018)

Nuclear: 108.4
Wind*: 86.6
Offshore Wind: 221.5
Solar PV: 144.3
Solar Thermal: 261.5
Hydro**: 90.3

Source: OECD/IEA-NEA, 2010, Projected Costs of Generating Electricity
Levelised cost - i.e. the average cost of producing electricity including capital, finance, owner's costs on site, fuel and operation over a plant's lifetime (also includes decommissioning)

http://www.eia.gov/forecasts/aeo/er/pdf/electricity_generation.pdf

*Onshore wind is generally not that practical for the UK, unless you want entire swathes of the island covered in turbines.
**Pretty much all of the viable hydro sites have already been leveraged in the UK, so not really much scope for development there.

Just for interests sake, a trade organisation - Renewables UK - stated that in 2012 a staggering 1,500 wind turbine related accidents had occurred in the 5 years preceding. This included 300 casualties and 4 deaths in the UK alone!

This would never happen in the Nuclear industry. There hasn't been a death in the the UK nuclear industry since the 30-odd cancer related deaths attributed to the Windscale fire in 1957.

We could also have Fracking and reduce the amount of gas we import.

Caporegime
Detest Sturgeon with a passion. It's all well and good spouting 'End austerity' but where's the money coming from? National debt is rising, thanks to the deficit, it can't keep spiralling out of control. Annoys me that she keeps saying £100 billion when referring to Trident as well, always fails to mention that's over 30 years, so £3.3billion a year, we spend triple that on foreign aid a year.

Greens as usual are a joke, and Milliband wants to spout about putting families first, well yeah as long as those families aren't in the 40p tax rate huh? Because with Labour in you know those people are about to get bent over.

I'm dreading the potential of a Labour and SNP coalition. A government part run by a separist party that didn't want to be part of the Union in the first place, England better worry.

Associate
With the exception of UKIP the rest were tax and spend lefties.

The whole "scrap trident" thing winds me up no end. We can't get rid of nuclear weapons. They exist now and can't be dis-invented. Not having them makes us weaker in the world. Scrapping our deterrent isn't going to mean Russia and China get rid of theirs, it will just shift the balance of power further to the east. It will also irreparably damage our special relationship with the US.

Not to mention the fact that scrapping trident will sink BAE Systems, a huge part of the UK Rolls-Royce business and a massive part of the engineering supply chain; which in the end will cost us even more. The $100bn figure is the entire lifetime running costs for the new missiles and the 4 new subs over 25 years! And even that is thought to be a high estimate.

Last edited:
Soldato
Love them acting like UKIP want to stop immigration completely

I'm surprised that Farage didn't call them out on it, i would have and it would have scored points for him, Ed especially basically lifted his immigration rhetoric from previous Farage speeches!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom