Did your son/daughter get the first choice of primary school?

Associate
Yup, our eldest got into our first choice lower school.

It's the closest school (and the missus doesn't drive so the other two closest schools would be a proper trek!) Plus all her friends are there, she's been in both the preschool and currently the pre-nursery class there and her little sister will be going to the pre-school in September so it's worked out quite nicely :)

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Yep, had to get her baptised though! Was funny baptising a 4 year old

All three of mine got into the local CoE school, first choice (but after the first child the siblings are normally a formality).

We haven't had any of them baptised, they can make that choice for themselves when they are older. As it happens, the two elder kids (8 and 6) don't believe in God, despite being in a CoE school.

Listening to them having theological discussions in the back of the car is amusing - what was it the other day?

Sibling 1: "Do you think Jesus was real?".
Sibling 2: "I do, but I don't think he was the son of God, he was just a nice person doing good things".

:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
What a bonkers system. Up in sturgeon-land you go to your local school and that is that ( with the exception of the kaflics who have their own system of apartheid schooling). Results up here are no better or worse without all this free market tory nonsense meddling.

Back
Top Bottom